Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone know what this pattern is called? >

Anyone know what this pattern is called?

Anyone know what this pattern is called?

Old 10-03-2016, 01:27 PM

Default Anyone know what this pattern is called?

I really like this pattern, but I don't want the kit. Does anyone know what the name might be? It says it's by Jean Noble, who is the Fons and Porter editor, though I can't find the pattern on the Fons and Porter website or for sale by itself on Keepsake quilting. I am pretty sure I've seen a similar if not the same pattern somewhere before... http://www.keepsakequilting.com/rogue-one-quilt-kit
Old 10-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Don't know the name of the pattern but it looks pretty easy. The main block is snowballed, and I would guess the pieced sashing is made up of 4 B&W flying geese and a black cornerstone. To make it come out, start with a main block that is divisible by 4, so 8" or 12" finished, then the flying geese would finish at 2X4 (for the 8 inch version) or 3X6 for the 12 inch. The black cornerstone would be a 4 inch or 6 inch square.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Is it the same as the Quatrefoil Quilt Pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Co.? To me it looks like a close cousin to Arkansas Crossroads.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by bearspaws View Post
I really like this pattern, but I don't want the kit. Does anyone know what the name might be? It says it's by Jean Noble, who is the Fons and Porter editor, though I can't find the pattern on the Fons and Porter website or for sale by itself on Keepsake quilting. I am pretty sure I've seen a similar if not the same pattern somewhere before... http://www.keepsakequilting.com/rogue-one-quilt-kit
I found this on You Tube Jenny Doan video. It looks very similar to the pattern you are looking for.

Make a Double Square Star Quilt with Jenny
Old 10-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

I look at it as a one-block quilt without sashing. I'm not sure whether the sizes are proportional to the original. I drew this as a 15-inch block.
Attached Thumbnails block.jpg   quilt.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 04:44 PM

It's the Chubby Star quilt block.

TraceyJay quilts did a quilt-along awhile back - - -

http://traceyjayquilts.blogspot.ca/2...-tutorial.html
Old 10-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Gay

I drew this one up as two blocks,about 9" or 12" square. no. 2 is snowballed, and no.1 can be created either with squares and 4 flying geese, or as triangles (indicated by the red lines), which could be foundation pieced. Don't know if there is a name for Bl 1 though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559580[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails unnamed-blocks.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 05:54 PM

Thanks everyone, this is a great help! I couldn't figure out if the smaller black squares were a solid square or if they were pieced triangles. I'll have a look at all the mentioned videos and patterns. Thanks!!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:46 AM

Thisattern is also called Living Large and is in the Trends and Traditions book by Heather Peterson. It is also in her blog which you can locate in Pinterest in her Halloween Winners entry. The post looks mY be older but a clear picture of the quilt will show you exactly how to piece this block. I mDe the MSQ version and love it. The difference is really the inner square/triangles but these are also snowballed strips. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:25 AM

When I look at it I see large center snowballed, then surrounded by squares & HSTs.