Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone made a purple quilt? >

Anyone made a purple quilt?

Anyone made a purple quilt?

Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 AM

This is one of the most enjoyable threads I've seen in a while. I saw so many beautiful quilts...To everyone who posted a pic......I loved them all!It's strange as much as I love purple, I haven't made but one purple quilt, for my youngest daughter. Unfortunately I never took a picture of it.......

Ditter
Old 05-04-2010, 08:26 AM

Dina, are those cats, yours of course. But the black and white one is a male and the white and tan one a female. If they are I have a matching pair. My little female has gray/tan wings on her back. When I got her from the pound she was being eaten up by fleas. I think I have finally solved that problem. She loves the out doors. Last summer we were lucky to see her. She only came in to eat and to get out of hard rains. She doesn't seem to mind being wet. She hasn't learned to okay my quilts yet. But my big black and white male has to okay all of them. He sleeps on my quilt while I am hand quilting it. He is a BIG help.
By the way I think purple quilts are beautiful. At Hobby Lobby yesterday I noticed they were kind of short on purple. You must have caused a run on purple fabric. G Ma Henri
Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

I have seen this topic for awhile and I always get the feeling I have a quilt kit somewhere that is purple I got to looking in my kit stash and found it!

http://sewgracefulquilting.danemcowe...oduct/pizzazz/

I remember thinking I could learn to do the scallop edge. The fabric is beautiful shades of purple.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Henriellen, both of my cats pictured are males. The black and white one is 4 years old and the other is one year old. Both were feral cats that I rescued. Both are involved in every aspect of quilting. One reaches through the sewing machine from the back when I sew, and the other sits on top of everything.

How neat that we have matching cats!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:14 PM

My daughter's friend picked the colors and pattern...then they had a falling out and now the quilt is in my closet ready for the next craft fair! Not fond of purples in quilts, but this turned out okay...surprisingly enough!

Purple Geometric Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47678[/ATTACH]

Purple Geometric Quilt Closeup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47679[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47678.jpe   attachment-47679.jpe  
Old 05-07-2010, 02:26 PM

Bellaboo, that's a nice pattern.....The large print looks breat in the border!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
I want to make a purple quilt. I have a great deal of trouble visualizing what a quilt might end up looking like. I am a beginning quilter, but I have already got lots of purple in my stash, and my next quilt will be shades of purple, one way or another.

Has anyone made a Yellow Brick Road in different shades of purple? Does anyone has a pattern they used and liked in purple? I am all ears.

Here is one my dearest MIL pieces years ago, DD gave it to me, and I quilted. DOUBLE TULIP. I feel honored to have it now.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-43502.jpe   attachment-43503.jpe  
Old 05-14-2010, 01:17 PM

I think Yellow Brick Road would look great in purples. You could go from very pale pastel to deep dark rich purple and it would be beautiful. Maybe you could add some white for contrast, or even a bit of black.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:29 PM

Yes, a yellow brick road would be pretty in purple,also a turning 20 and these both would be very easy for a beginner quilter to do and interesting for even more advanced quilters.