Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone make a quilt with a Hoop Sister pattern QAYG?  How did you choose to back it? >

Anyone make a quilt with a Hoop Sister pattern QAYG? How did you choose to back it?

Anyone make a quilt with a Hoop Sister pattern QAYG? How did you choose to back it?

Old 01-14-2017, 12:30 AM

Default Anyone make a quilt with a Hoop Sister pattern QAYG? How did you choose to back it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565609[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]565610[/ATTACH]

I used the Hoop Sisters pattern "Elegant Elements" to make a quilt as you go quilt with my new to me Baby Lock Ellegante embroidery machine. It was my very first project on the machine so I opted not to back the quilt.

I planned to finish the quilt by stitching in the ditch, but feel a bit intimidated now. I made a queen size quilt. Any suggests on what I should do?

I LOVED making this quilt and would so enjoy trying another pattern from HS. Any suggestions? I am contemplating the Feathered Star or Sewn Seeds quilts.
Attached Thumbnails elegant-elements-6.jpeg   elegant-elements-4.jpeg  

Last edited by Raggedy Mom; 01-14-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:48 AM

You I'd a lovely job your your quilt. The design and looks are wonderful! No idea how to back it.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

Your quilt looks great. i'll have to check out Hoop Sisters.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:52 AM

I have made 3 of their quilts. 2 wall hangings that I backed as i went along. I made their mystery quilt several years ago. I chose not to back that one. I did like you said and added the back when finished. I just stitched in the ditch and it is fine.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:54 AM

Your quilt is lovely! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-15-2017, 11:53 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. I did the feathered star &truthfully, was disappointed in it. It seemed to have too many stars that were mostly thread. The concept of quilt being completed was what I was trying to learn so that part was good although it was pretty heavy. I think your doing the embroidery and then back is what I'd do. Quilt it however you'd usually do
Old 01-15-2017, 01:13 PM

Your quilt is so pretty..I love their designs. I'm doing the Feathered Star now. There is a lot of embroidery to this one. I made the ABC block quilt with their battilizer and felt it was to stiff, it could soften up as it is washed but it was a gift so I don't know if it did or not, so this time I have decided to use regular batting and a very light weight stabilizer. I'll see how that works out..Please let us see your finished quilt!!
Old 01-16-2017, 05:56 AM

I have done 2 of their wall hanging. Whole Earth and Goose Tracks. I also did their mystery quilt a few years ago. I love their designs.
Yours is beautiful. Nice colors. I would love to see the whole quilt.