Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone remember a tutorial for ironing mat/iron caddy?

Anyone remember a tutorial for ironing mat/iron caddy?

I thought I had it bookmarked... and I thought I had downloaded and saved the directions for it... but I can't find it anywhere!
    Someone had made a quick tutorial/instructions to make their version of the Caddy Pad by Sister's Common Thread iron mat/hot iron caddy and I can't find it anywhere here :'(
    I searched the forums... I looked at every tutorial but I was pretty sure it was in a thread about iron caddies but I can't find it anywhere. I even searched all of my past posts and I am just not seeing it.

Does anyone remember this that might be able to point me to it? I would love to make it for my sewing group on Saturday. I don't like bringing a hot iron back in the car and I love that it doubles as a sewing mat.
    Last edited by Yarn or Fabric; 02-15-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Power Poster
    Sewnsewer2 had a version she made under iron tote. Did you look through that post to see if anyone shared a site for the instructions?

I had seen that thread but that one was very recent and she did have the tutorial removed already. The link I was thinking of was maybe done last year? I'm still on a mission to find it though I had the drawing showing where to sew printed out at one time but since moving everything is just scattered.

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    oohhhh... I really like the one that turns into an ironing pad! Ingenius.

This blog gives a brief description of hers. http://debksdailyjournal.blogspot.co...ing-class.html
    Last edited by PatriceJ; 01-29-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    I made the Iron Caddy from the pattern and wasn't impressed at all. The iron doesn't fit and it's awkward to use. It's pretty to look at when you measure and draw the stitching lines perfectly and I mean perfectly or nothing will match up.

The best way to tote an iron is in a galvanized water bucket. Simple to carry and no worry at all about leakage or damage.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    the tutorial that was posted here had to be removed.
    please consult commercial resources for the pattern.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]