Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone subscribe to Mr. B's Preview Pack Club? >

Anyone subscribe to Mr. B's Preview Pack Club?

Anyone subscribe to Mr. B's Preview Pack Club?

Old 12-20-2020, 06:39 PM

Default Anyone subscribe to Mr. B's Preview Pack Club?

I just purchased a Benartex layer cake from Quilt in a Day and on the back of the package was an ad for this "club". For $24.95/yr. or $40/2 yrs., they send you a quarterly publication and information on their new fabrics, patterns and at least 20 charm squares. They also have a one-time trial for $6. Has anyone taken advantage of the trial or joined? Was it worth the money? I would provide the link, but with the new Microsoft Edge, I haven't figured out how to cut and paste. Sorry.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:39 AM

I did a few years ago and was pleased with the charm squares I received. It was nice to see the different fabric lines "in person" and not as a picture on the computer. I stopped because I was kinda overrun with charm squares and never seemed to get around to using all of them. In other words, my stash was growing faster than my ability to sew.
I did the 2 yr program and it seemed to work out to about $5.00 per pkg. And 20 charms is about half of a regular pack, not sure what the cost of a charm pack is now as I quit buying charms, fat quarters, well any fabric really.
If you are into scrappy, it is a perfect way to get a lot of variety.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:59 AM

My thought is that everything but the 1/2 pack of charms is likely available free on their website. What do you do with 20 charm squares anyway?
Old 12-21-2020, 08:25 AM

They send you a pattern suggestion with each pack. Sew Very Easy on You Tube belongs to it and has shared some of the patterns. Personally I think people are going to stop buying a lot of fabric as the cost has skyrocketed. I also think that they will not bring the prices down after the pandemic ends if they see that people are buying it. If it doesn’t come down I will be shopping from my stash from now on! IMHO
Old 12-21-2020, 09:30 AM

I prefer layer cakes instead of charm packages so I have not joined this club. I buy my Benartex layer cakes whole sale. Sometimes I have to wait on new lines as they come out but it is worth the wait.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:48 PM

Thank you all for your input. I agree that the prices are getting out of hand, so buying wholesale sounds interesting. juliasb, do you mind sharing where you buy wholesale? Waiting would be nothing compared to the savings. Thanks again