Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone use a Grace speed control on a machine NOT on a frame?? >

Anyone use a Grace speed control on a machine NOT on a frame??

Anyone use a Grace speed control on a machine NOT on a frame??

Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 AM

Hi all,
Have recently been talking with another gal who is also wondering if any of you have the Brother PQ1500 and use the Grace speed control with it for fmq, but not on a frame? My dh is in the process of building my frame, and I did order in the speed control, but have not tried it on my machine yet. The other lady is seriously considering buying the PQ1500, but has used her speed control with her old machine and wants to make sure she can use it with the PQ1500, but she will not be using it with a frame...Any one with any info, please, please help us!!
Thanks so much,
Kif
Old 10-26-2011, 12:41 PM
QKO

Since the speed control just replaces the foot control, it should work on pretty much any machine that uses the same plug configuration for the foot control. The speed control really doesn't have anything to do with whether the machine is on a frame or not.

This all assumes you are talking about the Grace speed control, and not a stitch regulator, which is a whole different piece of gear.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 PM

Some of the speed/stitch regulators must be mounted on a frame, because it is set to "read" how fast the machine carriage is moving.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by QKO
Since the speed control just replaces the foot control, it should work on pretty much any machine that uses the same plug configuration for the foot control. The speed control really doesn't have anything to do with whether the machine is on a frame or not.

This all assumes you are talking about the Grace speed control, and not a stitch regulator, which is a whole different piece of gear.
Thanks to you both, and, yes I am talking about the speed control, not the stitch regulator...
K