Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone use Hawthorne Threads fabric?

Anyone use Hawthorne Threads fabric?

Hi -
    Has anyone used Hawthorne Threads fabric? If so, did you just order the fabric (normally comes poplin) or did you request another type of fabric? Did you like it? Good quality, etc.? I found some really pretty fabric but it's their own brand and not sure if it is good or not. Thank you in advance for your input!

I love their fabrics! I usually select the 100%cotton quilt quality option. Ihink poplin might be more suited to garment construction.

Hawthorne Threads is a wonderful shop. If you've never worked with the digitally printed fabric, it does have a different feel, as it is more tightly woven. They do have an amazing assortment of colors and prints to try. Maybe buy just a small amount to start with, to see if you like it. I agree about choosing the quilting weight. Their shipping is about the lowest price and quickest that I know of.
    Lisa

I've bought some of their own fabric but haven't used it yet. It has such a nice silky, smooth feel. I bought the cotton, too. I love their designs, too.

I too love Hawthorne Threads! Go for it!

I love Hawthorne Threads. I live in California and order regularly from them. Very quick ship, great selection. The best on line color matching in their web site. Hands down they are the best.

Blog Entries
    I ordered several different fabrics from one of their lines last year. Very nice quality. I was a little worried at first because they seemed a little stiff, but they washed up beautifully. I recommend them.

I just placed an order for the first time. Haven't received my order yet, but it's been shipped. Great prices.
    Denise

You do not simply stumble upon the happy life.....you make it!

Yup! I bought quilting cotton fabrics that were great and their service and prices are awesome!

Blog Entries
    I placed my first order (Robert Kaufman fabric) Tuesday morning and got notice in the afternoon that the order had been shipped! Haven't received it yet, but it should get here today. That's service!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Thanks to everyone who responded! It's so nice that I order with confidence due to the overwhelming positive experience with Hawthorne Threads. I can't wait to place my order. Thank you again!

One of my very favorite shops to order fabric..and the selection is always outstanding!!