Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone in West Virginia? >

Anyone in West Virginia?

Anyone in West Virginia?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:56 PM

The Sewing Gallery Princeton WVa. too late and too far, but thought someone else might benefit from knowing abt it.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:21 PM

Any quilters in this area need to go as fast as they can to Sew Many Quilts in Covington, VA. What a fabulous shop! Pam carries many, many lines of the top quilting fabrics. I was completely overwhelmed by the hundreds of bolts of fabric in her shop. And it's all the top names of fabrics that I have heard about but have never seen.

From the outside, the shop looks like any other you would see in a little strip mall. Once you walk in the door, all similarities end. You feel like you are in an old house with endless nooks and crannies with fabric tucked into EVERY available space.

There is a room with just baby fabric, one for kids fabric, one for Christmas. There's a large room of solids and blenders. The best one though was the room of batiks. I've never seen or felt 'real' batik before. Just the stuff they sell at Joann's. I could not understand the appeal of batiks before this. But now...I get it! Wow! Big difference. After wandering around and back and forth gathering fabric as I went, I finally ended up in the batik room. I bought 3 pieces for a quilt I want to make for ME!

There is one more room I have to tell you about - - - The Man Cave! She has a room set up with leather chairs and a large screen TV. My DH waited there, very patiently I might add, for me while I shopped!
Old 01-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Cheri

What did you find in Covington ??? I lived there briefly, 5 months, in early 80s. The paper plant smells horrid and our rented house had sulfur to the point the bath water was yellow. Last time I was in Lewisburg, I went top see Kenny Chesney. Guess I need a road trip

Linda
Old 01-19-2014, 04:01 PM

Linda, you'll be surprised. No smell from the paper plant! From the little I saw of Covington, it seems to be a nice little town. And they had the cheapest gasoline prices we had seen on our trip. Gotta love that.

BTW, I forgot to mention her prices. Most ranged from $8.50 to $10.00 with a few up to $11.00. Oh, and the sweet little kitty that greeted me at the door.

Thanks so much for letting me know about this shop. It was the highlight of my trip!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 PM

Oh! In the fall, there's a day train ride called the Autumn Leave Special with Covington being the destination and it's the same weekend the town has their fall festival. All that and a beautiful quilt store on Main St. Sounds like a perfect day trip.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:47 PM

If you need to eat while in Covington, there is a cute little sandwich shop. It seems like it was behind the main street. Sorry I can't remember the name. The quilt shop was WOW! I liked the cat too!