Apple Core

Apple Core

Old 07-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

Time and patience
Old 07-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Time and patience
That's for sure! I got out my Accuquilt die and cut some today and pieced a few together with and without my Curvemaster foot. When I went to sew my rows together, I couldn't get the seams to match. Oh, well. . .I tried! It hasn't beat me yet, just going to put it away until I get some other projects done!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by eschunks View Post
Has anyone made an apple core quilt? My niece wants me to make her one. Any suggestions?
Here is one that I made a few years ago. I think I downloaded a pattern off the internet. I don't remember where I got it from. It is all hand pieced, and hand quilted. I am in the process of cutting out the pieces for another one. One suggestion would be to check your pattern before you cut all your pieces. I didn't check my pattern. I cut out all the pieces first, then when I started to sew them together, the two ends weren't quite right, and I had to nibble a little off each apple core to get them to fit. I made sure to check the pattern this time.

I think on the next one, I will also sew the apple cores together for the width of the quilt, then add the rows together. With this one, I believe I sewed 4 together at a time to make a block, then joined them together in rows, then joined the rows together. I think that is why the placement of some of the material isn't as "random" as it was supposed to be.

Other than that, all I can say is "enjoy". This is a fun "take along" project. You will be surprised at how fast it gets completed.
Attached Thumbnails applecore.jpg