Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Appliquick >

Appliquick

Appliquick

Old 02-22-2016, 06:36 AM

Default Appliquick

I was reading another post about needle turn applique and in it was mentioned appliquick. So I looked it up, found a video, watched it, interesting. Then I remembered I have in my " cave" a precut Sunbonnet Sue quilt kit...from the year 1MQ ( me quilting)...and really am not good at hand appliqué so that's why it's still in the package ........ Anyway, has anyone tried this method? Pros/cons......this method may work for my precut. Here's my thought on it.....if I trace each of the pieces onto this interfacing, then cut it out 3/8" smaller, it will fit inside the fabric piece, then I can glue edges and turn under and iron onto background? Am I thinking right? Might be another UFO bits the dust!

or, I guess I could just use fusible interfacing and flip it out......

Last edited by Geri B; 02-22-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:43 PM

Watched their video and it looks handy, but I can do the same with my broken off knitting needles and glue sticks. Really nice little circles though! And worth going to the site to see the video!
Old 02-22-2016, 01:18 PM

Looks interesting - my first thought though, was: hey, a new use for those old fondue forks.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
Looks interesting - my first thought though, was: hey, a new use for those old fondue forks.
Exactly! I used a wooden cuticle stick, the ones that you buy at the drug store, and thought of my fondue forks too, although unless the pieces are real small, not really necessary. Bet Ferrier also has water soluble foundation paper for appliqué, which I tried recently. It works very well, you can run I through your inkjet printer if you need several copies (which I didn't need or do) but the reason I wanted it was because I didn't want to have to cut out the quilt top in behind the appliqués. Worked great. I've done needle turn in the past, but I like the nice smooth edge results of gluing the edges down and machine stitching them onto the quilt top.