Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: April Fab Shop Hop

Blog Entries
    Does anybody know how many blocks there are this month? I found quite a few in the middle part of the alphabet.

13 I think.

13 and they are being found much easier this month I think. I have only looked for a few hours and have 12

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    do only certain shops have the blocks? I haven't found any yet ~ although I don't get to many of the shops... not enough hours in the day!

The blocks jump around from store to store.

Blog Entries
    I got all 13 of mine probably in the first hour of searching. I was totally surprised.

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    are they linked to the homepage of the shop? Or do you have to hunt them down in each website? I've found bunnies here and there... (and ended up buying stuff that catches my eyes too)

Blog Entries
    What is a shop hop, and the blocks that are being discussed? Just curious.

Blog Entries
    I found all thirteen! Of course, I was on the computer for a long, long time!! I did the whole thing yesterday...

This is an online shop hop. You go from store to store looking for bunnies. Attached are bonus blocks (free patterns). This month they are all baskets. www.fabshophop.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SundarKoyal
    What is a shop hop, and the blocks that are being discussed? Just curious.

SundarKoyal ~ go to www.fabshophop.com and you can register for all this fun ~ you "hop" thru quilting websites to find bunnies (magenta background for April) and when you find them, register for prizes. There is also a quilt pattern that we are all looking for 13 pieces to for April. Fun & maddening at the same time, what more could we ask for?! LOL

Blog Entries
    Oh wowwww!!! That sounds like fun.

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    You can also win prizes from the shops. I won a set of 12 FQ's once from a shop in Texas...Happy Hopping Linda B.

Blog Entries
    didn't completely read your question-answer below- you are in drawings for gift certificates through out the month if you find at least one bunny a day- there are special drawings on Saturdays- so always save a few to find for the saturday's. you can sign up for special drawings at most of the shops you visit- sometimes winning fabric collections- sometimes gift certificates- it is just a great way to see alot of different places- every shop is different just like we are all different- and when you do the shop hop and check out the different locations- you will find fabrics you never imagined- there is a vast assortment of prices = it is a great resourse.

Blog Entries
    sorry- there are 157 shops to visit- there are 12 basket blocks for the april quilt. if you find all 12 blocks at the end of the hop they will give you a link to finishing instructions

Blog Entries
    Has anyone won anything yet? I know FQ were mentioned-just curious how easy/hard to win?

Blog Entries
    ckcowl... It sounds like fun, and a great way to get around "internet town" lolll. I will have to save up for the next shop hop... Sounds like an adventure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    Has anyone won anything yet? I know FQ were mentioned-just curious how easy/hard to win?
    I won a $10 GC during the February hop.

ckcowl... It sounds like fun, and a great way to get around "internet town" lolll. I will have to save up for the next shop hop... Sounds like an adventure.
    Sundar, you can hop all you like and sign up for the drawings ~ no purchase necessary :)

I am still trying to find the darn pattern pieces, hit 40 shops on there last night, found 38 bunnies, but no pattern pieces! We have members here that have won gift cert, some have won fabrics... I think a couple have won 2nd prize, which is a bigger prize... don't remember "what" tho.

Blog Entries
    Yayyyyyyy, I do not have to spend money to hop around. lolll.
    Thanks fabric whisperer for letting me know that. How does a person find out about these shop hops to begin with?

Blog Entries
    Yayyyyyyy, I do not have to spend money to hop around. lolll.
    Thanks fabric whisperer for letting me know that. How does a person find out about these shop hops to begin with?
    Go to this link and sign up.

www.fabshophop.com

Blog Entries
    MommaDorian, well that just figures that the name of the website would be fabshophop... can't get any easier than that. Thanks for letting me know!

I did the fab shop hop but I couldn't find two.
    Bear Paw
    Fabric Attic

Also there are still 3 shops "not available". Will they ever be?

not sure if those will be available... and I like the Bamboo shop! We found all 13, but only had 9 after finding all 176 bunnies ~ my daughter revisited a few shops, and we got the last four blocks ~ finally. Not sure if that's normal? My 13-year old is now addicted to fabshophop!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
    not sure if those will be available... and I like the Bamboo shop! We found all 13, but only had 9 after finding all 176 bunnies ~ my daughter revisited a few shops, and we got the last four blocks ~ finally. Not sure if that's normal? My 13-year old is now addicted to fabshophop!
    I just went to the fabshophop webpage, and since I am so very new to this... I read all the instructions on how to do it, what to do, and when to do. lollll. On one page it says that the blocks move around. Below is a copy and paste of what was said in the instructions:

"'Remember that the blocks are moving around all the time, so you may need to check the shops more than once to find them all—a great reason to revisit your favorite shops!'"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast