Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AQS cancells all 2021 Shows >

AQS cancells all 2021 Shows

AQS cancells all 2021 Shows

Old 10-07-2020, 06:50 AM

I would definitely not risk going to a quilt show nor would I even consider doing the travel at this point. I consider myself high risk and I do want to live for a while yet. Once a vaccine happens...and I am very hopeful it will be soon and enough folks get the vaccine and we all are more aware of social distancing and mask wearing...I will start to get out of the house again...but not until then. Unfortunately, there are many folks in the community where I live who do not wear masks and who do not even social distances when they are able. I had a young man jogging...run right past me and loudly sing as he got near me. He apparently thought this was funny. We were the only two people on the street as far as I could see....Nope....not going to risk my life and I feel really sad that folks are not doing what the science tells us to. So far though, I have learned a lot more about things like facetime and zoom and online ordering. Just order me some quilting rules, a ruler work foot for my Bernina and a brand new pair of winter boots (same brand and size as my old one hope they fit). I think the shops that survive will be the ones that can adapt to this new online age.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Covid is just too virulent and unpredictable. My next door neighbors all have it now. They are as careful as the next person but still caught it.
The husband and wife are very sick.
I wouldn't take the chance on something that big. (meaning quilt shows)
I'm with you on that. I've now got two close friends who had no underlying conditions but contracted it several months ago and are still unable to work due to on-going problems. One, who caught it from her asymptomatic 83 year old mother, ended up in ICU for 5 days early this summer and she has lung damage as a result. The other, a SICU nurse, had it in late spring and is still unable to work due to balance issues along with ongoing weakness and severe pain in her legs.

Rob
Old 10-07-2020, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

I don't stay home when I want to go somewhere. I wear a mask and will probably die of Lysol or Purel poisoning before this is all over with.