Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
arghh... pros and CONs of browsing this board from a blackberry >

arghh... pros and CONs of browsing this board from a blackberry

arghh... pros and CONs of browsing this board from a blackberry

Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 AM

When I'm waiting for or riding the bus or subway, I'll browse the QB from my blackberry, often using the "Recent Topics" link. The good and bad news is that QB keeps track of what I've seen. I say "bad" because sometimes I see something that I want to go back to and look at from my computer (with better screen) (and I forget to use the Bookmark feature), but because it's been "read" I can't find it again.

I really tried.

In any case, I am trying to re-find the post (probably in Pictures) that someone made-- she posted at least two or three quilts. One of them was a lovely and large patchwork of pale and aqua blues upon which floated two orange orbs, also patch-worked. In her intro she said she'd made it ten years ago-- something related to 9/11?? It was, I believe, the first quilt she made (another STUNNING example of virgin quilts).

Can anyone here help point me back in the right direction? I want to look at it again!

Many thanks!

-- Jillaine
Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Google Goddess

if you reply to a message it will be in your long list of pages that you have read on the quilting board, so when you get home, you can bookmark them or create the links under my pages
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

Can you click the "watch" tab with your blackberry? Then you can go to your watched topics and find it there :D:D:D
Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 AM

I find reading the forums hard on my smart phone. Easier to do something else to occupy time.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
I find reading the forums hard on my smart phone. Easier to do something else to occupy time.
I think that it is a little hard to read on Blackberry as well.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 AM

All I have outsidr of work is my Droid. I like it, but some days the topics "jump", haven't figured out why, but it is better than not getting to experience this board! LOL
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 AM

Can anyone help me find the "lost" post I described? Thanks!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Eri

When I browse from my Android phone (curled up in bed in the dark on my Nook right now... much better screen, but obnoxious touch keyboard!) And find a page I want to access later from my computer, I use the "share page" feature and email myself a link... I would guess the Blackberry has a similar feature?

It's funny... not 15 minutes ago I was cursing the tiny next page link all the way over at the edge of the screen that isn't sensitive to touch and then I laughed at myself, and thought, "Yeah, but how many other people who frequent this board are POSSIBLY such geeks that they do so from a mobile device?" ...Maybe I should get with the times. ;)
Old 07-30-2011, 12:00 AM

Sorry, Jillaine, I didn't see the quilt you're describing, so I can't help you find it. It sounds gorgeous, though.

You may end up having to repost your REAL question in a new topic - this one seems to have been buried under blackberry minutia.