Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
asking for help/advice about "new" pfaff >

asking for help/advice about "new" pfaff

asking for help/advice about "new" pfaff

Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 AM

As some of you may know, I am the proud owner of a "new" Pfaff 7570. I have inventoried all of the feet and accessories that came with it and surprisingly enough, it is complete...you know, what comes with the original, new machine. My question, for those of you who are Phaffies, should I be on the look-out for any other feet (I plan on getting the open toed embroidery foot and the quilt/patchwork foot)? Also, it comes only one needle plate. Do they make a needle plate with just one small hole for straight stitching or just the one with the wider hole for fancy stitching?
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 AM
np3
Power Poster

They make the foot with the small hole too. Did you get the 1/4 inch foot with the blade that guides you for the exact 1/4 inch? They also make one for SID with that same blade.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Dixiechunk, they make a single whole plate which is the best for straight stitching and also the wider rectangular type plate for your embroidery. You will find that many of the stitches have to be used on the wider plate or they will hit the single hole plate and not work sometimes breaking your needle or at the very least ruining it. I use the single whole for my piecing and a some of my other stitching but the wider hole plate for the fancier ones. I am not at my machine but there is a button to push that will tell you what foot, give you options for stitch width and length and I believe which embroidery plate. Did you get a book with your machine? If so, it will also tell you which plate you should be using plus the other options you have. Also, if you don't use the single hole plate for straight stitching your fabric may get caught up within the wider whole plate and you won't enjoy trying to get it out.

You can check on Ebay for many parts for the 7570. Personally I only use Pfaff parts and not others designed for working on various machines. There are many excellent sellers with original 7570 parts.

Congratulations on your new machine....I love mine and have had since 1998 and it is a workhorse, sews like a dream and also embroiders like a dream although it is considered ancient in today's embroidery machines. I would never ever consider getting rid of this fabulous machine.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

I like the 1/4" foot with the guide.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 PM

Last year I bought a stitch in the ditch foot. It has a metal guide in the center. I really like it.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 PM

I bought the single hole plate for my Creative Vision and found I cannot use it if I want to use the thread-cutting function (the needle shifts a little to the right of center when cutting the thread and the needle hits the plate and breaks!) I don't know if your model has that feature, but would hate to see someone else spend the extra money if they really want to use that feature. I find the wide hole is okay as long as I use a small piece of leader fabric.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:36 PM

You will enjoy your 7570 Pfaff. I have a 7570 and 2140. Would not trade either machine. The girls I sew with all have 7570s. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.
I use only Pfaff parts.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:10 PM

I am desperate for help. Seems the previous owner put in a code to "child-proof" her machine. I don't see a 4 digit number jotted down anywhere in the manual or on the machine. Apparently I can change the number but not without knowing the original number. I have written to the seller and hoping his SIL (original owner) is still around and in her right mind. Any suggestions? I could scream, kick, punch, wail, cry, tear my hair out...well, you get the point.
Originally Posted by sewgull
You will enjoy your 7570 Pfaff. I have a 7570 and 2140. Would not trade either machine. The girls I sew with all have 7570s. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.
I use only Pfaff parts.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
I am desperate for help. Seems the previous owner put in a code to "child-proof" her machine. I don't see a 4 digit number jotted down anywhere in the manual or on the machine. Apparently I can change the number but not without knowing the original number. I have written to the seller and hoping his SIL (original owner) is still around and in her right mind. Any suggestions? I could scream, kick, punch, wail, cry, tear my hair out...well, you get the point.
Originally Posted by sewgull
I use only Pfaff parts.
You need to call a dealer to get help. I don't know of any way to override it.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 PM

I wrote to the man who sold me the machine (ebay). He has been very helpful. It belonged to his sister-in-law. I knew that, I did not know she died in November. Don said he had the machine serviced before he put it on ebay so somehow the serviceman was able to bypass the code. He is going to contact the dealer and get back with me. The nearest authorized Pfaff dealer to me is about 200 miles away!