Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
attaching these together help! >

attaching these together help!

attaching these together help!

Old 04-05-2020, 05:34 AM

Default attaching these together help!

Good morning everyone,

I hope all are doing well, and staying safe.

I was trying to do this as a whole cloth quilt, but when I did one of the corners, it embroidered at the wrong angle. So I cut the quilt down and did the other three corners.

I am now trying to figure out how to put this back so it looks like this:

I've been racking my brain LOL and running out of ideas! I have lots of white fabric ... and I want it to be about 36x36 so no worries on adding at least 10-12 inches on each side. The middle piece is currently 8x8

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails embroidery.jpg  
Old 04-05-2020, 05:43 AM

Your embroidery pieces are beautiful!! I am absolutely no good with math so to help you out with reconstructing this quilt is out of my abilities. Nonetheless I sure do want to see it when it is finished. This one is going to be beyond beautiful when it is finished. Thanks for sharing the pieces.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:03 AM

I would cut each piece into squares. You will probably have to add strips of plain fabric around the smaller pieces to make them the same size as middle piece. Then reassemble the 5 squares with additional (plain ) pieces placed in between the embroidered pieces to achieve your vision. When you quilt, you could embroider the blank filler squares in a similar design in ivory color to compliment your colored squares, yet not draw attention from them. You have chosen lovely designs and fabric. Let’s see your finished work.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:39 AM

Beautiful embroidery work. I could not help you either as I am very challenged in math and creative ideas but I know someone here will come up with a brilliant idea to help you out. Please share with us when you get some wonderful ideas.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:00 AM

You could lay out setting triangles against the center piece. Then you can layout the smaller corner pieces into the corners.

The other option is to cut the small corner pieces into squares. Then turn the design so it is in each corner of the quilt as a corner stone.

I would use something like this for inspiration for your design.

https://www.purelygates.com/patterns...flourish-quilt
Old 04-05-2020, 09:48 AM

So this turned out to be a bigger pain that I thought ... I tried it twice, and both times, I couldn't get the flowers to line up perfectly. So I tossed the corners LOL ... will just add a nice coloured border and do lots of FMQ instead!

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-05-2020, 04:27 PM

Why not start out with a square of fabric, either 40 or 44 inches? Do all your embroidery on the fabric and then cut it down to the size you want. Or do these as a reverse applique on the fabric where you actually cut the fabric out behind the embroidery. Your embroidery is very pretty.

A couple of videos on multi hooping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSQF5ekK9ys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXtPlfODiKo
How about reverse applique? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odtUb58CTM0
Old 04-06-2020, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

I would cut squares to add to these beautiful blocks and go from there.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:03 AM

I really like your embroidery pieces and think they would work in a setting like Rhonda suggested. Your center turned like a diamond with your 4 corner pieces like 1/2 square set in- like sq in a sq making sure when you cut that your embroidery is in same place each time on your ruler