Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Aurifil 50wt Mako Cotton Thread

Aurifil 50wt Mako Cotton Thread

After doing a search on the forum and reading on the web I have decided to order Aurifil 50wt Mako Cotton Thread. For those that use Aurifil where do you buy, best price and what do you consider the must have basic colors?

Blog Entries
    I order Aurifil here: it's the best price and the grab bags and door crashers are super bargains! Shipping is very reasonable. http://tristan.bc.ca/cart/home.php?c...ction=0&page=2 I think I have about 100 big spools of Aurifil.
    Got fabric?

I only use Aurifil, my machines like nothing else.

Banned
    I order from everywhere I can pay less than local LQS pricing. I have a 6000M cone in the light grey that I use strictly for piecing. It lasts a long time!

Blog Entries
    I love Aurifil thread. My favorite source is going out of business and has it on sale for $6, but she still has many colors to choose from. Customer service is excellent and if you have any questions, email her - she's quick to respond. Here's the link to her site:

http://www.sewezdesigns.com/

Now Aurifil is the only thread I use for piecing a quilt top. I have many colors; but seem to use a light tan or light gray most often. I buy on line when I see it for sale; but I buy most of it from my local quilt store.

I'm researching thread and thanks for this lead on aurifil thread. I'll have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    I love Aurifil thread. My favorite source is going out of business and has it on sale for $6, but she still has many colors to choose from. Customer service is excellent and if you have any questions, email her - she's quick to respond. Here's the link to her site:

http://www.sewezdesigns.com/
    yup! I just placed another order with Sue at Sewez. With these prices I can justify building up my thread stash!! I can vouch for her service - it's terrific. I always pay with pay-pal and she's always given me some $$ back after she calculates the actual shipping. Sue is fantastic and I'm going to miss her when she's out of business.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Thank you all for the information. I'm looking at sites to order and found J Hittles also sell Aurifil. My problem is picking colors, could you give the color number of your favorites? I don't trust my monitor and want to make good choices with the price being much more than I usually pay. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    FYI: Cucirini Cotton Mako thread is one of the finest sewing thread available. This thread is sold under different brand names including Genziana and Aurifil.
    Got fabric?

I love that thread. I have ordered from both Tristan and Sue's and have been very happy with both.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!