Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Availability of a crinkled RK Kona Crush 54" Cotton?? >

Availability of a crinkled RK Kona Crush 54" Cotton??

Availability of a crinkled RK Kona Crush 54" Cotton??

Old 08-01-2023, 10:43 PM

Default Availability of a crinkled RK Kona Crush 54" Cotton??

Years back Robert Kaufman Fabrics distributed a 54" wide (I think it was) crinkled Kona cotton they called Kona Crush. The fabric I am thinking of is not to be confused with the 2023 Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Crush that is 44" wide. Kaufman withdrew the earlier Kona Crush because of quality control issues (small rents and holes and the odd twig), maybe 10 years ago or so. Does anyone know if it's still available, possibly from another vendor? It was great fabric, especially for backings, and I loved it. TIA and best.
Old 08-02-2023, 05:41 AM

Have you checked the Robert Kaufman website? I'd think that would be the best source for info about whether or not they are still producing it.
Old 08-02-2023, 07:15 AM

Are you sure its not double gauze?
Old 08-02-2023, 08:19 AM

Doesn't look like Crinkled Kona is made anymore. Also looks like "Crush" is the color name, which is also the color of the year for 2023.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Have you checked the Robert Kaufman website? I'd think that would be the best source for info about whether or not they are still producing it.
Patrice--Yes, I called them (RKF); that's how I found out this crinkled fabric was being withdrawn by Robert Kaufman. I am just wondering if any other manufacturer or distributor makes/distributes it. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 08-02-2023, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
Doesn't look like Crinkled Kona is made anymore. Also looks like "Crush" is the color name, which is also the color of the year for 2023.
Exactly. It's a confusing overlap
Old 08-02-2023, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Are you sure its not double gauze?
Thank you. You know, it could very well be a double gauze. Curious why you suggested double gauze.
I have many yards of this fabric in several colors--when I found out it was being withdrawn from circulation I bought up all I could find, but I am slowly using it all up. I will see if I can find a research trail I can explore. Thanks again.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by frannella View Post
Thank you. You know, it could very well be a double gauze. Curious why you suggested double gauze.
I have many yards of this fabric in several colors--when I found out it was being withdrawn from circulation I bought up all I could find, but I am slowly using it all up. I will see if I can find a research trail I can explore. Thanks again.
I suggested that because I found a few places that sold the Kona Double Gauze when I was trying to find what you were looking for.