Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
BE AWARE..... >

BE AWARE.....

BE AWARE.....

Old 02-05-2010, 05:30 PM

My family tries very hard not to shop at Walmart, for anything. I don't like what they stand for, I don't like that everything is made in China and I don't like that they are pushing the "little guys" farther and farther out of the picture. I try and buy from local stores owned by local people, and that includes my quilting supplies.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:50 PM

I just checked. Over 45000 people signed the petition to ask WalMart not to close the fabric departments. Since the quality of the fabric has deteriorated, I wonder if it is worth saving? They have forced our hand by offering such inferior quality fabric, we won't buy it. Some appears to be cheesecloth with a heavy layer of dye on top. Terrible stuff!

Many women signed and stated they would never shop in WalMart again if they closed the fabric department. For me, I don't even care anymore. They figured out a way to put themselves out of business. They don't need our help or our support.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by june6995
I just checked. Over 45000 people signed the petition to ask WalMart not to close the fabric departments. Since the quality of the fabric has deteriorated, I wonder if it is worth saving? They have forced our hand by offering such inferior quality fabric, we won't buy it. Some appears to be cheesecloth with a heavy layer of dye on top. Terrible stuff!

Many women signed and stated they would never shop in WalMart again if they closed the fabric department. For me, I don't even care anymore. They figured out a way to put themselves out of business. They don't need our help or our support.
If you mean 45 thousand that works out to about 5 and a half customers per store. That's not much of an impact.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM

I'm shopping at Walmart less and less. I do like the one-stop shopping but we have a nice HEB for groceries as well as a great Ace Hardware for anything else I can buy at Walmart. This has pushed me over the edge. I'm new to this area so what's another change! Thanks for all your input. DottienTX, an x-walmarter (I won't even acknowledge them with a capital 'W') :-)
Old 02-05-2010, 06:25 PM

I have often wondered why the thread count isn't on the end bolt; anyone know why? Seems like it would be good information to know.