Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
awesome retreat location >

awesome retreat location

awesome retreat location

Old 09-12-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
How nice. You really got a lot done. Please post pictures.
I posted a picture of the queen size top I put together in pictures. Look for "better wear shades"
Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 AM

And much COFFEE did you have buzy bee!? You sound like me. lol! and where are pictures???? maybe you should get a retreat going for the spring............. I am in............ any quilt shops that way??

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I just got back from a retreat in Sharon Springs Kansas. It's a teeny, tiny, out of the way kind of town. We had our retreat at a Bed and Breakfast in a converted old church building. We had them cook four meals for us and they were outstanding.

There were 18 of us and I think we probably had room for a couple more people.

I would highly recommend the place for anybody in that area that's considering holding a retreat.

I also got a ton of work done. I have a lap quilt top done, a queen size top done, the binding and hanging tube on a wall hanging totally done and all the blocks for a table runner done.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 AM

No coffee or other caffeine. It depends on where you're coming from but there are several quilt shops along the way. I put the picture of the queen size quilt I put together in the picture section.

Originally Posted by girliegirl
And much COFFEE did you have buzy bee!? You sound like me. lol! and where are pictures???? maybe you should get a retreat going for the spring............. I am in............ any quilt shops that way??

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I just got back from a retreat in Sharon Springs Kansas. It's a teeny, tiny, out of the way kind of town. We had our retreat at a Bed and Breakfast in a converted old church building. We had them cook four meals for us and they were outstanding.

There were 18 of us and I think we probably had room for a couple more people.

I would highly recommend the place for anybody in that area that's considering holding a retreat.

I also got a ton of work done. I have a lap quilt top done, a queen size top done, the binding and hanging tube on a wall hanging totally done and all the blocks for a table runner done.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:06 AM

Wow, what a great retreat. I surely wish there was something like that nearby. I know there are some of us that could use a weekend like that here!