Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Solaris 2 >

Baby Lock Solaris 2

Baby Lock Solaris 2

Old 09-16-2021, 06:13 AM

Default Baby Lock Solaris 2

I have been seriously considering purchasing a Baby Lock Solaris 2. If you have one are you pleased with it? Would you purchase it again or do you think it was a mistake? Is anyone thinking about purchasing this machine?
this is a huge investment and I don’t want to make a mistake. Thank you for your help.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Reader1 View Post
I have been seriously considering purchasing a Baby Lock Solaris 2. If you have one are you pleased with it? Would you purchase it again or do you think it was a mistake? Is anyone thinking about purchasing this machine?
this is a huge investment and I don’t want to make a mistake. Thank you for your help.
WOW. Looks impressive and also very expensive! I do not own any babylocks. I would really ask myself how much am I going to use the features on this machine? How is the embroidery I am going to do on it going to be used? I did a lot of embroidery on my first embroidery machine. A Viking D1, well...a lot of the embroidery I did is sitting in a box in my closet filed under "orphan blocks". I did enjoy it....but...in reality most of the stuff I made did not get used. Now I did purchase a new embroidery capable machine ( in fact two of them) but I aimed more for the mid range cost level. Really depends on what you want and what your budget is. I have made mistakes with some of the machines I have bought and others have been real workhorses. I tell my friends that my sewing machine hobby has grown into a monster! tee hee....but it did keep me out of the bars and designer clothing stores!
Old 09-16-2021, 09:23 AM

I have the Solaris with the upgrade, so basically the same machine. Not sure how long I've had it, but will say that I'm still seriously in love with it.

I use it mostly for embroidery as I have a straight stitch machine for most of my piecing and an LA for quilting. I have been using it quite a bit for turned edge applique using invisible thread to stitch down (mostly narrow zigzag). Most of my embroidery has been for quilt blocks and home decor.