Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby quilt ideas for boy/girl twins....please. >

Baby quilt ideas for boy/girl twins....please.

Baby quilt ideas for boy/girl twins....please.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:17 AM

I would love the double pinwheel pattern from eleanor burns. It is so easy and strip pieced and you always get pinwheels with the light fabric in the center and the dark fabric on the outside and vis versa.
Perfect for boy/girl twins.

http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/double-...day/index.html

Granny
Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 AM

A couple of quilts using Twister template would be cute. LOL...Im making 2 for twin girls as we speak. Good luck.

Originally Posted by sandyl
I am in a quandry as to how to do these. It will be a gift and not necessarily as soon as they're born-next month. But, I'm wondering if I should use the same pattern but different colors for them. Or if I should just do totally separate themes.
Any thoughts? I know the girls room will be pink and brown and the boys will be sports themed. So I'm looking for some clever ideas that I know you all have. I'm considering doing baby zoo animals appliqued for one cause I like the appliques on the EQBoutique site and currently learning applique.
Thanks for your ideas.
Sandy
Old 10-03-2011, 11:41 AM

I would probably do the girl's to match the colors her parents are putting in her bedroom. Love the cat quilt shown above, and the boy I'd do a sports one to coordinate with his room. I'd follow the parents taste until the kids are older and develope their own likes and dislikes :)
Old 10-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
Ooooh! I would make these:

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/09/...ir-quilts.html

I've been wanting to make them. But for boy/girl twins, I can't think of anything better!

Super cute and easy! These would be great -- you could use any fabrics at all.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:46 AM

That’s lovely! I’m sure the quilts will be very special! I would try to coordinate two themes – perhaps a prince and princess. We were looking for a baby mattress when I saw some really cute crib bedding themes. You might want to take a look to get some ideas.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:58 AM

I recently made quilts for boy/girl twins. I have the neatest pattern for this. It is Double Pinwheels by Eleanor Burns. you use 2 colors - I used pink and blue - plus a light background. When you create the block, you end up with one pink and one blue. 2 for 1!! If you would like pictures PM me and when I return home from vacation tomorrow night I can get them from my home computer to you. I will need the PM for a reminder!