Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baby quilt ideas wanted

Baby quilt ideas wanted

The daughter of a friend of mine is expecting her first baby - a boy. She is decorating the nursery in shades of Aqua and Navy. I am looking for ideas for a baby quilt - nothing too difficult, but something boyish. Any ideas? Thanks!

Aqua and navy says water to me. There are some really sweet pieced sailboat patterns around--or even one big sailboat on an ocean of prairie points and maybe some pieced or appliqued fishies under the water.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Lots of inspiration in the baby quilts album here on the forum.http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums16930.html

Look for two color quilts or two block quilts (combine a 4 patch block with a snowball block). A D4P OR D9P would work well, too.

Warm Wishes is the pattern I used for my charity quilts. Pick a cute focus fabric and the quilt goes together quickly. Here is the EQ design for my next one. So neat because you can do many things to customize the quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Here's a cute baby quilt I made last year for my co-workers first grandbaby. It was fun & easy to make.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by osewme View Post
    Here's a cute baby quilt I made last year for my co-workers first grandbaby. It was fun & easy to make.
    Ok this is flipping adorable I love the fishies.

And I agree those colors scream water to me too the fish, sailboats anchors, jelly fish, octopus not nautical but sea life would be really cute. B
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I don't always match to the babys room. I like a stripe quilt using wide strips and a simple sailboat appliqued on it on the water which is the bottom strip.

Blog Entries
    LOVEthe fishes. go for that one.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Thanks for the compliments on my quilt. The neat thing about this pattern is that you can make it any theme by just changing the 3 focal blocks. Instead of fishes you could put in seahorses or any "sea" related object. Or you could change it to a western theme & put in horses or cowboys....racing theme you could use cars....or butterflies, dragons, dogs, cats, etc, etc, etc. The theme is as far as your imagination can take you.

Here's one I love and almost made for my nephew (expected in August), but I changed my mind. I'm designing my own pattern, and don't have a pic to post yet...

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quilt-...lts/ships-ahoy
    Jenny B