Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Jazz ll >

Babylock Jazz ll

Babylock Jazz ll

Old 06-28-2020, 07:16 AM

Default Babylock Jazz ll

Hi, I have been looking for a new sewing machine. I found a Babylock Jazz ll that I like a lot. Has what I want in a machine. The question is . How is this machine ? Any problems ? If you have one do you love it ? Thanks so much for any information. I’ve learned so much from this group over the years. Stay safe all.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:21 AM
mkc

If you search the forum, you'll find a number of threads about the machine (search for Jazz).

Here is the most recent one Jazz II
Old 06-28-2020, 09:39 AM

I have the original Jazz. Love it! Purely a mechanical machine with choice of 28 stitches. 12 inch throat to handle the "big" projects. If I had known the Jazz II was coming out within a year of my purchase, I would have waited (needle up/down, etc. is soooo very nice to have). Only drawback to the machine is that it weights upwards of 25 pounds and I can't move it.

You won't go wrong with the Jazz II. Have you test driven it yet? Try to do so before you buy. I also believe Baby Lock is having a sale now, so check their website for prices. My dealer (Nashua Sew n Vac) honors the Baby Lock sale prices.

Good luck and enjoy your new machine.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:24 PM

I have not tried it, I love the 12 inch length of right of needle. Then I read that the height wasn’t to high. Yes I do love the up and down of needle. the 25 pounds doesn’t sound to good. But sounds like it’s made well, and not a bunch of plastic. Thanks I’ve been doing lots of reading . I thought the people here would know the best.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:47 PM

Had my Jazz2 for a year now and love it. just finished a queen size quilt tonight and no problem with all the workspace.
My only complaint would be that I wish it had one more bigger stitch. Its a work horse. The jazz2 is 27lbs. It stands still while sewing.