Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bad Day for the Seam Ripper :(

I feel your pain, I could not get through a day without my buddies. I have one on my nightstand, he's Bluie. One at each of my sewing machines, and one in the end table basket at 'my chair'. Oh and there's Travel Buddy, always in my travel bag for projects on the road.

There's great ones and not so great ones. I keep multiples because I 'unsew'...um...in every area I'm at. I almost said a lot, but that phrase hurts my eyes and fingers. :cry: Yep, cause it's true. Never met a seam I didn't feel could be unsewn and sewn again. :oops: I find the worst offender seams to be the purse or elastic seams, but every now and then there's the wayward scant 1/4. Why don't they behave?

Get different colors and different sizes, but be sure to get a heavy duty for the purses and bags. They last longer. Go ahead, ask me how I know.....

Blog Entries
    LOL I knew I liked y seam ripper but you really have a way with words.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry but I laughed out loud at your little story! Your woes are well written and I can totally relate!!
    I have about 3 rippers on hand that are all different sizes but the one I like the best is the one my daughter gave me. It has a pink and lavender handle and is ergonomic and easy to grip - I think she got it at JoAnns.

nab
    I love this board!! I too understand your loss. I have many little buddies. Some of them come and go, but I love them all. Good luck on your search for a new friend. I too would buy more than one. The more the merrier.

R.I.P. Little buddy, you served your mistress well. :cry:

I don't know --- from my viewpoint it looks like you had an unhealthy relationship with him. Could be you set yourself up to needing him WAY too often, therefore, having him gone may benefit you! You became too needy....... If you find you need the new guy as often, counseling may be in order!!!! Are you having a funeral????????????? :mrgreen:

RIP....somebody has a great sense of humor. I use the surgical ones and buy 6 at a time at the quilt shows. If I didnt have a seam ripper at the cutting table, ironing board and sewing table, I would panic.

OMG you guys are soooo funny...I love my QB buddies {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs to all}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I have about 5 in my drawer.

LMAO! I tell my students that the Seam Ripper will be their best friend, but I have never seen someone bond as weill as you!
    Candy red body though! HMMMMMMMM Smokin'

Sorry for your loss! :-D I am sure you will find another "buddy" soon. When ever I teach sewing classes I tell my students they have to have a seam ripper and to name her. She will become their best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
    I had to lay my little buddy down to rest tonight :( Many of you hate your seam ripper but I loved the little guy. We spent nearly every night together. And tonight I snapped his head off :( He was always there for me. We worked diligently on every project together. Hand in hand. I sewed and then he ripped away. I am going to miss his little candy red body :( What a good helper he was. And what makes it even worse is that I cannot go any further on my bag I am working on tonight until I go shopping tomorrow to get a new friend. Hopefully I can find a new friend tomorrow! Maybe I wont have to use him as much as I used my old buddy!

My seam rippers name is Jack He comes with 6 blades from Lee Valley Tools and is an absolute gem. www.leevalley.com

RIP to the RIPper. Ha Ha!

Please accept my condolences. You are to be admired for sticking by your little Rip all this time.

I am so very unfaithful ... I confess I've gone far beyond two-timing and there have been multiple births. I think I must have 6 or 7; some have cracked tops, some have too large a point, some aren't comfortable but I just can't make myself let any of them go.

I stash them in the arm chair caddie, in my traveling 'notions bag' that stays with my sewing machine's rolling bag, one or two are in the drawer of my sewing machine cabinet close at hand, one or two are stashed in the accessory tray that fits onto the sewing machines ... I guess I have always been in search of a perfect little Rip. How lucky you were to find him so quickly.

May your little ripper RIP. :)
    El Burns uses a rotary cutter to rip. sounds dangerous but it works. Sorry I do not remember which show on which she demonstrated this.

I call all of my seam rippers, Jack. They don't seem to mind at all that they all share the same name. Sorry to hear you must retire your friend. Don't worry you'll find another handsome blade to take his place.

Rip

May your little friend RIP.

So very sorry for the loss. It's always tragic when that happens!!:(

RIP

Do you get the catalog from Clotildes? She has some good prices on things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Awee. Rip lil buddy! Rest easy knowing you did your best at every rip..

Hope you find another one.
    Ditto .....R.I.P.

LOVE the hot air balloons. Pattern location?

Are you going to put "RIP, RIP" on his gravestone? - RIP (rest in peace) RIP (short for ripper).

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    R.I.P...you could always paint the next one red or tie a red ribbon on him..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast