Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bad Day In the sewing Room >

Bad Day In the sewing Room

Bad Day In the sewing Room

Old 01-28-2022, 08:58 AM

Hate those steep learning curves!
Old 01-28-2022, 09:56 AM

I was glad when I got my Janome 8900 about 5 years ago because it was so much better than the Bernina I had. The literature promises so much, but doesn't always deliver. The Janome performs beautifully, especially when I bought the right even feed foot. I had been sold the wrong one, couldn't even get it on the machine and with the help of Jim Stuttsman (sp?), moderator of a Janome forum, I knew what I had to do and bought the right one. Thank you again, Jim!

When I use two layers of batting on an art quilt, I use wool for the one closest to the front of the quilt, spray it with June Taylor basting spray, spray a layer of Warm & White and add that, then spray the backing and add that. Sometimes I even add a layer of felt to stabilize the wall hanging and help it hang straight. The spray really works to eliminate those nasty tucks on the back.

You're going to love your new machine for a long time!
Old 01-28-2022, 12:13 PM

My new machine has a thirteen inch throat and my old machine had a nine. It does not sound like much but I am sure it is going to be a lot better when I FMQ. I have not done that yet. I have only had the machine for a couple weeks.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

Suzanne- when I got my Bernina 770 I scoured Youtube (still do) and have found so many wonderful tutorials. You probably already know this but in case you didn't I thought I'd let you know.
Hope today was better.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:25 AM

Ha...my bad day in the sewing room was taking my Janome 1600P off the quilting frame. For some reason I pulled the take up bar upward instead of pulling it out from the throat of the machine and ending up dumping the machine in the floor. Broke several pieces and spent weeks in the repair shop. Now that was a bad day... I cried and cried.
Old 01-29-2022, 09:11 AM

Oh Linda I am so sorry for you. Yes that was a super bad day!
Old 01-30-2022, 01:25 PM

I'm 75 now and I'm lucky if I actually can remember what I am looking for! Getting old has its problems, but I find not freaking out because I can't find something is a waste of time. If I relax, eat some ice cream, fiddle in the garden, or whatever, the relaxation helps my brain to figure things out faster.