Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bag/Tote Patterns Needed >

Bag/Tote Patterns Needed

Bag/Tote Patterns Needed

Old 07-17-2016, 11:08 AM

Might also look at Crafty Gemini on YouTube. I used one of her tutorials and loved the bag.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:29 PM

Thank you! I have heard of her, so ill look her up!!
Old 07-17-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnneQuiltandSew View Post
am looking for patterns for quilted bags or totes that I can make for my church Winter Bazaar. Suggestions, please!!
Terry Atkinson Designs has some tote bag patterns and also a free market bag pattern that looks sturdy. With so many groups offering totes for sale in their pre-Christmas fundraisers, I would try for something a bit different, like a small eyeglass case or cell phone case attached to the handle, or a zippered pocket inside. One year almost every booth had potholders, the next year it was pillowcases, another year was the table runners.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

I love love love this simple tote bag pattern. My guild makes dozens to have on hand in all sizes for donation quilts, gift bags, welcome goody bags, etc. I can whip one up for a gift bag in minutes. And it's lined. No seams show. It's easy to make any size you want from small and narrow to deep and wide. http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/pdf-f...iday-gift-bags

Last edited by Onebyone; 07-18-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:22 AM

Our own cjtinkle makes the best totes in the world. If you search by "cjtinkle" and then select one of her tote posts, you will find some wonderful totes. And she will send you the instructions. Make a sample first to make sure you like the size.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:57 AM

I am in the process of making the Jenny Doan tote and so far so good.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:51 PM

my girlfriend has made tons of these bags: http://noodle-head.com/2011/06/summe...pattern-2.html

I've been the lucky recipient of two of them and I love them. She's got them down to taking about an hour a piece to put them together. Noodlehead uses canvas rather than interfacing for sturdiness and a good hint for cost savings is that the canvas is available really cheap by going to the hardware store and purchasing lighter weight painting canvas drop cloths.........
Old 09-13-2016, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thrums View Post
If you live in a rural area or have members who are ardent pet lovers, consider making totes out of feed sacks. You could ask friends and neighbors to save empty bags for you.

Here is are some resources: https://www.google.com/search?q=maki...rom+feed+sacks
I ran across a couple large fabric printed flour sacks at a thrift store recently and used them for shoe and purse dust covers. I just made them into a draw string bags that fit perfectly. My closet gets dusty even with the slider door closed, because we like the window open at night and I live in the high desert.

I was thinking of cutting the straps off of the unused totes and run a string though it to make more for my tall boots.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 09-13-2016 at 02:15 PM.