Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bargain machine-how lucky was I?! >

Bargain machine-how lucky was I?!

Bargain machine-how lucky was I?!

Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Congrats! Check ebay for the feet.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 AM

no affiliation, but email [email protected] and tell them what you are looking for - I have done business with this store for years - reasonable prices, quick ship time - friendly service & have never asked for something they couldn't get for me. Greg is the one who usually answers my emails.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:33 AM

If you have the type of foot you need, but don't have the proper shank size, but you have another foot
that you don't use, both feet can be cut off half way up the shank (has to be a perfect fit of course) and
welded by your repairman. (He will know what you mean) When this is finished you would not even know
that it had been done and works perfectly. I have done this many times and they have always been
successful. Good luck with it. lol Gleniveve
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 AM

Go on line to sewing machine parts they have parts/manuals for a large list of machines. I found bobbins for my singer L 500, that I couldn't find at any shop in town.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:54 AM

Smile Pfaff feet

Originally Posted by Gleniveve View Post
If you have the type of foot you need, but don't have the proper shank size, but you have another foot
that you don't use, both feet can be cut off half way up the shank (has to be a perfect fit of course) and
welded by your repairman. (He will know what you mean) When this is finished you would not even know
that it had been done and works perfectly. I have done this many times and they have always been
successful. Good luck with it. lol Gleniveve
Pfaff feet are clip on and they have a wider clip than other machines. There are generics galore, but they come with a clip shank that cannot be used with the IDT foot. I'm not in a panic tho, since the attachments from my 1475 will fit....but as stated before.....I'd just like for it to be complete for whomever inherits it someday. Unless I can find space to take ALL my machines with me.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:36 PM

Good bargain for you.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
privacy act does not allow for that info to be given out!
BUT, keep looking here and on ebay at perhaps sewclassic.com the parts will come around, they always do!
To get around the privacy act, you can ask the repairman to give your name and phone number to the lady and then she can call you if she is interested in selling the feet and accessories. Seems to me she would be interested because she may not have anything else to do with them.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:07 PM

If you cruise e-bay for a few weeks with a Pfaff search you'll probably find what you need. Bought a viking rose for $290 on e-bay recently and have found the feet I needed this way. Don't jump at the first one you see because the prices range from outrageous to down right reasonable. Frequently, visiting the seller's store will produce interesting finds for your exact machine.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 PM

Very nice. I agree, check online.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:08 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ebay is probably the best bet. A lady answered my want ad on CL, I called her & she said she'd need to find them & get back to me. I sent a mail a wk later about not hearing from her, and she didn't respond again. I think all she really had was a needle plate she said was new & cost about $100, but I wasn't interested in that.