Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Basic brother mechanical machine >

Basic brother mechanical machine

Basic brother mechanical machine

Old 02-23-2017, 12:03 PM

I have an old mechanical basic Brother, too. Don't know the model, but it's reliable and quiet, goes through anything, and I decided to take it and leave it at my sister's house in Kentucky for when I visit--or in case she decides she needs to start sewing.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:24 PM

My first (and still champion) machine is an old Brother "Project 120" (not Runway) that I was gifted years ago by my boyfriend who bought it used. I love it. I have cams for it yet never felt brave enough to try them. As I learn more about mechanical machines (now I have 7, drawing the line there...I have no more space is why...) I am getting braver. Just wanted to chime in and say I love my old Brother. It's on vacation now, giving it a rest while I fool with my Bernina 830 Record. Boyfriend was a keeper too, 37 years and counting.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:11 PM
Banned

Almost half of my herd of 60+ machines are Brothers. Many models from the toy Baby Brother to embroidery machines. Most are vintage with the exception of the embroidery machines which are from the 1990s. They all work but my favorites are the 1950s models. They sew anything I can get under the foot and do it well.

Cari
Old 02-23-2017, 07:09 PM

I have a Pfaff 1473 bought in 1984 new and it still runs and I have sewed everything on it. It is beginning to have a few issues so I bought a Pfaff Quilt Ambition 2.0. I like it but somehow still love my 1473.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:51 PM

I have three machines. One is a really inexpensive brother machine that I paid two hundred bucks for. For what they are I would agree that they are a great machine for the price. In fact, my bernina is in the shop and I may go and get my brother machine and do some piecing. I would recommend it for a first time sewer to find out if sewing is their thing. It's a far superior to the singer once had. Singer makes a terrible machine compared to others.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:08 AM

My daily machine is a Kenmore I bought back in 1973. I take it in for a checkup every 2-3 years and it works like new. I also have a couple of 20-year old Brothers for backup that are just as reliable. Am afraid to buy a new computerised machine although I do have machine envy!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:15 AM

I have a Brothers machine that I purchased in 1959. It still works and I will never get rid of it. At that time, I was a single mom and no money. I bought the machine and paid for a sewing class and made my clothes for work (in an office). Love it! It got me through the hard times.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:14 PM

AMAZING!!! I found a machine just like mine on Ebay, having never seen one online except for 1 brief youtube video.
Apparently the seller doesn't know this machine too well...saying it probably needs to be oiled...mine came in a plastic carrying case and base...sigh! this one has original case, manual...so tempted...
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rare-Vintage-...gAAOSw9GhYmnyz