Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Batik fabric

Has anyone tried the batik fabric at Connecting Threads for $5.95 per yard? Also, can you mix batiks with other quilting fabrics?

Banned
    I haven't tried any fabric like that. But I mix any colors and fabrics I want too. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    Has anyone tried the batik fabric at Connecting Threads for $5.95 per yard? Also, can you mix batiks with other quilting fabrics?

I haven't tried them either, but I've heard good things about the company. I was just looking at them this morning and thought about ordering some, batiks are my favorite. I have quilting friends that DON'T mix them, but I mix them all the time.

I have some of all the batiks they carry. Not as nice as LQS batiks, but well worth the price.

Blog Entries
    I love their batiks :D Batiks play very nicely with other fabrics, just be sure and prewash :D:D:D

I agree with Candace-they're nice but not the thickness or stiffness of other batiks. The price is good but I'll stick with the other batiks because I like the way they feel and piece.

Yep, and yep. I like their batik's and I use batik's with all cotton all the time. Hoffman Batik's are my favorite, but they are a bit more spendy.

Seriously I would check out thousands of bolts dot com. Their batiks are totally LQS quality and that is the only online shop I will buy from anymore, as everywhere else I seem disappointed with what I get (the fabric usually doesn't look the same in person, quality issues, etc). I just got some more batiks from them yesterday and everything was top quality. They're running a special now-batiks starting under $4 a yard currently, and their regular prices are normally about $6 a yard.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I have batiks from several places, one of which is Connecting Threads. I really like them! The colors are gorgeous and they feel nice.

Quote Originally Posted by midwifehc
    Seriously I would check out thousands of bolts dot com. Their batiks are totally LQS quality and that is the only online shop I will buy from anymore, as everywhere else I seem disappointed with what I get (the fabric usually doesn't look the same in person, quality issues, etc). I just got some more batiks from them yesterday and everything was top quality. They're running a special now-batiks starting under $4 a yard currently, and their regular prices are normally about $6 a yard.
    I agree completely , just got a rather large order delivered today from the sale ... I love thousands of bolts.

I love the batiks from commecting threads. You can mix whatever you like.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    Reach for the stars 2, has some for 4.50 yd. she had to close her store and sell to us for a great price. Please check out her Batik fabric, I fell in love with them. :roll: