Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting Box size >

Batting Box size

Batting Box size

Old 10-19-2010, 04:24 AM

I wish my batting was mounted on chains and a pole. I have three different kinds W/N cream, W/N black and polydown which I use for any quilt that will need to be washed frequently. They live on the single bed in my daughter's old room and I have to move them when she comes home to claim her bed the occassional evening. Now she tells me that she is buying a house and wants to take all her bedroom furniture. I'm planning already for the new found space! Just maybe a pole for batting is in my future.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
I bought a whole "bolt" or roll of 120" batting, and it came shrink wrapped. It was long, but not 120".
When I burst the wrapping to free the batting, it erupted and got every bit of 120" long and big around as a bale of hay!!
It lives on a pole under my LA table.
Reading this, it got me to thinking. I wonder if there's any way to shrink wrap my stash? It will LOOK smaller, and when released, it will erupt!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by RugosaB
I bought a whole "bolt" or roll of 120" batting, and it came shrink wrapped. It was long, but not 120".
When I burst the wrapping to free the batting, it erupted and got every bit of 120" long and big around as a bale of hay!!
Reading this, it got me to thinking. I wonder if there's any way to shrink wrap my stash? It will LOOK smaller, and when released, it will erupt!
Let me know if that works.LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-19-2010, 07:46 AM

You could...

You know those Space Saver bags that vacuum seal? Those would work...they come in different sized bags...so there are so many ways you could sort them (project, colour, size, theme, etc.) The big ones would be perfect for batting...
Old 10-19-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by deema

You could...

You know those Space Saver bags that vacuum seal? Those would work...they come in different sized bags...so there are so many ways you could sort them (project, colour, size, theme, etc.) The big ones would be perfect for batting...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now I will need 6 times the stash to fill up my space :shock: :shock: I better get to shopping :D
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM

I never thought of that, what a wonderful idea!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:52 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I wonder if there's any way to shrink wrap my stash? It will LOOK smaller, and when released, it will erupt!
Guffaw!! :lol:
Jan in VA