Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Batting joining tape?

Quote Originally Posted by lindasidlow
    I make my own strips from lightweight fusible interfacing. Once the quilt is quilted, it will stay in place for sure. I've never had a problem with this method. I am guessing that the product on the roll is convenient because they did the cutting, but I can get interfacing so cheap, especially when JoAnns has it on sale.
    Well now, aren't you the smartie?! Why didn't I think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I just use a wide, long zigzag stitch on my machine to join pieces together. It works fine.
    To me this sounds like one of those unnecessary products that are sold to new quilters who don't know any better.
    Isn't that the truth..........

I usually just butt up the edges and use a big zig zag and it works just fine. Maybe it's the type of batting you use. You could have the batting pieces together like you were going to sew them, overlap a couple of inches, cut a very gentle curve through the overlap. Remove the overlap. You should have a matching curve edge. Try zig zagging that together. That should help you know where you need to match up as you go along and hopefully avoid stretching. HOpe this is clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2