Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting question for online shoppers >

Batting question for online shoppers

Batting question for online shoppers

Old 03-04-2012, 11:03 PM

Default Batting question for online shoppers

The DH has finally given in and I can buy the batting I need plus some extra. I only buy warm and natural and in the states I always bought it off the roll at Joann's when it went 50% off. Not possible now so I'm trying to get the most for my money! This is what I know:
I'm in Germany with an APO so it's like getting shipped to the states and get to take part in most offers including free shipping.
Joann's doesn't put there rolls on sale...I've been watching for a few months. The queen size packages go on sale alot like now 26.99 and are the same size as the roll width and 13 packs equal a roll and it does come out cheaper buying the packs.
Hancock's of Paducah sell the same packs for 24.95 but charge an additional fee on 3 batting packs of 15.00+ for APO addresses..BTW 6.00 on 6 in US.

There's my knowledge, is there anywhere anyone else shops online for less then what Joanns charges? They have free shipping right now. Thanks for any feedback. I didn't want to buy today and then next week someone post that so in so has batting for ...wow....! I'm buying 10 packs in case it matters but can buy a couple more or less.
You all are a wonderful knowledge base!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 AM
Power Poster

i think fabric.com also carries warm & natural- and ship overseas---personally i pretty much never buy w&n---there are so many better batts to choose from- i generally hit the connecting threads batt sales- and buy hobbs or dream batts. i find much better deals- than w & n--
but have you checked with warm & natural? when we had our sewing school we purchased bolts of w & n directly from the warm company- at a savings over what joannes charged.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:43 AM

I haven't ordered from JoAnne's online, but when batting does go on sale by the yard, I buy whole bolts from the store. Sometimes they have it on hand, or just recently I had to special order it, but still got to use the 50% off.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 AM

I bought a queen size roll of batting from Joann's this time last year that was 40% off. Just keep your eyes peeled .
Old 03-05-2012, 05:48 AM

Usually if you look around online, you can find a code for a 50% off at Joanns and you are able to use it online as well as in the store so you might look at that. Otherwise there are usually free shipping coupons available online. Just do a google search for Joanns coupons and I have always had good luck.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:10 AM

Unfortunately, the email coupons I received from Joann's have my name on it and states they are not transferable or I would send them to you. If you go to Joann.com, go down to bottom, customer service, join mailing list, they will email you coupons every week or two. If you say they never have W&N on sale, then they should take the coupons.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

I have ordered mine from Joann's on-line when it is 50% off by the roll. You have to watch for it.