Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bay Attic Window Pattern

Blog Entries

Bay Attic Window Pattern

I have seen a posting of the Bay Window pattern using a panel. I have searched to find the pattern but no luck. I believe I have down the block but don't know how to get the 3D look rather that the flat look. I believe someone mentioned the name Ellen B?

Missouri Star has a tutorial, love your fur baby too cute!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H-vzI0Jp3ak&t=161s
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
    Missouri Star has a tutorial, love your fur baby too cute!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H-vzI0Jp3ak&t=161s
    That is not the bay window. I have seen the bay window one and it is beautiful but I don't know where I saw it. It might have been on this site. I will be following to see if someone can find it.

Here is a link to the topic on the QB. I tried hunting for a pattern and could only find a link through delphi forums which you have to join. The link is also provided on post #27 of the below linked thread. I did not sign up for the forum and subsequent posts on the topic indicated it was full of popup adds and several gave up. It looks to me like the side window panes need to be cut into rectangles and diamond shapes to get the illusion and only the middle panes are cut as squares. The angle is hard to tell from the picture and it is possible you may need two of the same panel in order to get the cuts you would need but not positive.
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...l-t285066.html

I have the pattern I am trying one now. I found reading the pattern was a little confusing. I don't normally read patterns too much so it may have been just me. I can get it to you if you want

Ok ladies, we are piecers.....break the “pattern” down into a logical outcome. I assemble-sew the attic window technique in VERTICAL ROWS. I angled my top and bottom block to get the “bay window” look. While I did not add a top and bottom (ceiling and base), the technique works....I made a card board template using my desired angle to cut the pieces. Experiment...

the attached photo is not mine, I just inserted a “cut line” to demonstrate the concept.

You can do this!! No pattern needed..
    Sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sandygirl; 01-01-2019 at 03:56 AM.
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

This is my “bay window”. The white lines demonstrate my vertical assembly approach to the attic window technique. I left off the ceiling and base but I am rethinking it. ( not quilted yet). I kind of like the floating window! I used “running yardage” not a panel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Quote Originally Posted by Christine70 View Post
    I have the pattern I am trying one now. I found reading the pattern was a little confusing. I don't normally read patterns too much so it may have been just me. I can get it to you if you want
    where did you get the pattern?

This is the pattern I used I downloaded when I clicked on it. I tried to give you the link but it downloads again. Please tell me if you get it otherwise I will go in and try again. Click on the first one it says Delpi but will open up to the pattern https://www.bing.com/search?q=garden...6EAE7C8353EF50

It will automatically
    download

Very pretty!! I am almost done with my top I hope it works out as well as yours!