Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Beautiful Quilts.........AND Cats >

Beautiful Quilts.........AND Cats

Beautiful Quilts.........AND Cats

Old 09-22-2011, 05:30 AM

Well, you keep lots of those sticky rollers around and on a generally cat hair free area( like the dining room table) I roll off the hair and fold it right side in and put it in a plastic bag ( zip lock makes some really big ones) and zip it closed. I either give it in that bag, or take it out at the last minute to wrap it.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:43 AM

I too buy rollers, dollar store stocks them just for me, im sure! I dont have dust bunnies in my house, I have hair-balls!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 AM

I will have to get that Pledge Fabric Sweeper.....
LOL.....Yes, it just seems that cats and quilts go together.
It is very hard to keep them out of my sewing room and off my quilts......but I have several quilts that are made for the cats.
Sticky rollers - in everyroom of my house....and in my car.
(and a cat in my lap while I work on the computer).
Old 09-22-2011, 05:59 AM

My cat doesn't like to sit on my projects, thank goodness. Having said that, I can't believe the amount of hair comming from one small cat. Judging by the amount of hair all over, she should be naked by now. It's unbelievable. I do wash everything when it is finished.
Sue
Old 09-22-2011, 06:00 AM

deleted
Old 09-22-2011, 06:01 AM

Speaking of lint rollers ... can't live without them! They are super handy for cleaning up ripped out seams or just thread bits & pieces and cat lint. Oh ... and this cat ... Mr T thinks he's a little person and he pretty much does what he darn well pleases! :)

Mr T loves this one!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]260629[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-260576.jpe  
Old 09-22-2011, 06:10 AM

I don't have a problem with cat hair. I love my cats being around me that's what I have them for. If I am giving the quilt as a gift I wash it first.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

I have three cats and they aren't allowed into my sewing room, nor the guest room where i tend to lay out my quilt tops and store them.
sad thing is i can't use a quilt on my bed very much because of hairballs! so i can't enjoy my own quilts other than the wall hangings or sofa cover ones.
Linda, that is funny. just like saying I will bring, when it should be I will take. no one says take any longer. I've noticed that in 1960 movies too. when did that happen? the English language hasn't changed. or has it?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:49 AM

I try very hard to keep my cat off my quilts and fabric. I don't always succeed. I have a test FMQ pannel that I used to practice on that I leave for her to lay on. I also covered the top of a little cupboard right next to my sewing machine with fleece for her to lay on and watch the birds outside. So she doesn't get on my fabric very often. I wash my quilts when I am finished so hopefully if there is any cat hair on them it will come out in the wash.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:55 AM

I thought everyone knew that cats were quilters in their former lives...that is why they come running to the sound of a rotary cutter and a sewing machine! Kind of like the Pied Piper.....