Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Beginner Sewing Machine Shopping Experience

Blog Entries

Beginner Sewing Machine Shopping Experience

Little by little I am attempting to turn my son's girl friend into a domestic diva -- since I suspect she will be my DIL before I know it. Anyway, I've started her off with little sewing projects and work on one of my embroidery machines with great success. When we went shopping at Target I saw a great buy on a Singer 6180 Brilliance and bought it for her. I wanted to see what it could do so my son and I took it out of the box and tried it out. I am so glad we did. What a loser this model is! You couldn't sew more than a few stitches without the bobbin thread getting all jammed up. I should have read the reviews first. Back it went.

I looked online and saw the Brother 80-stitch Limited Edition Project Runway machine and bought it. We were able to pick it up at the store in a couple of hours. Needless to say, I tried it out. It sews like a dream. I love it so much that my husband asked if I'd like one, too! (Yes!)

Hopefully she will be happy with it and maybe it will open the door to making some wonderful things she can sell on Etsy. (Like so many young people, she is under-employed and can use an extra stream of income)
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Good for you on being able to teach her , so many young people don't want to learn anymore I am sure she will love the machine
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Sounds like you will be a great MIL. Hope she loves it.

You will be a great MIL!!!! MY daughter has a Brother machine I bought her in the early 90's and it still sews like a champ. You to have fun!!! You enjoy yours too!!!!!!

So glad you tried the machines out first. Now your hopefully-future-DIL will continue to enjoy sewing. You will be a wonderful MIL!

Pat