Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Being a Quilter Means....... >

Being a Quilter Means.......

Being a Quilter Means.......

Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

I'm retiring in a couple of weeks and am planning on making a schedule to follow to get some cleaning projects done and lots of sewing done. Of course, I have so many pets that need daily care, I intend to schedule that also. I will only get on this board in the evenings. I'm not much of a TV watcher, mostly listen to it or listen to talk radio during the day, mostly for background noise, to keep one dog from barking at noises- real or imagined.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 AM

I have worked from the time I was 18yrs old until this friday' I am 66 now and had my own business for 9 years. Closing this friday and I am so excited !!! Live alone .. I guess that tells you what I am going to be doing 24-7 LOL
My sister and I bought a Tin Lizzie and I already have 8 tops just waiting to be quilted. I just can't wait to get started, I am so excited.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 AM

Its for me to and I am home all the time. But I am dealing with fibromyalgia and CFS so its more of an energy thing. Do I use the energy to clean and organize or do I use it to quilt? I cannot work in chaos so I have been using it to clean lately. Also my two foster pups have been taking up a lot of time. One has been adopted . Does anyone want a really great chihuahua? LOL
Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I'm retired and still don't have a lot of time to quilt, probably more than some people but not nearly enough.
I am too! When I was raising the kids (while dad worked 16 hour days) and then while working for 30 yrs, never seemed to have enough time. But now that I took early retirement it seems harder to budget time for quilting! I now do have more time for quilting than before, tho, so I have no real complaints!!
Old 05-19-2010, 09:15 AM

Never enought time or money for what I want to do. Just happy I can get in any time for quilting and knitting. Have no idea how I used to get anything done when the kids were small, but managed some. Schedules help, staying away from television helps, but still where does the time go?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Never enough time, but I won't wish my life away either with hoping for Friday to come. If I could just figure a way to go without sleep, I sure would get a lot more done.
I'm with you! Actually, I have thought about trying to create the "Nap in a Pill." Pop one and feel like you've had a refreshing, peaceful, uninterrupted nap! I'd be an instant millionaire, and could then quilt as much as I want to!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I realized that I gave up plucking my eye brows for quilting, now that is just plain gross. Taking care of it right now. Lol
Now!! Another one that cracks me up. Made me go to look in the mirror at my own eyebrows! yikes!!

:lol:
Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 PM

I need time nobody knows about.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:47 PM

My take on being a quilter... one to design or chose a pattern to start, one to cut the material ( most dreaded part for me), one to piece :) that be ME and then there is the quilter of the top... Well that is me ( new and afraid of messing up, but really cannot afford a big machine or to have it done for me, so if I could do magic, I would wave a magic wand over the top and waa laa, it would be beautifully quilted :)
... But seriously, a quilter to me, is one who bides her/his time for peace and relaxation to work their magic with their hands/machines and minds. Turning scraps of material into works of art to be treasured by them and those they love and those they've never met, through works of charity. Blessed Be the Heart of a Quilter.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Suzic,

I'm with lacelady. We just need someone else to do everything we have to do so we can relax, shop for fabric, pick patterns, cut fabric, piece, layer and quilt. That is what we were ment to do wasn't it?????