Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BellaOnLine quilting quiz

Fascinating quiz (but I didn't do so good :oops: :oops: )

I have no idea what that was all about, but it gave me credit on things I did NOT get correct,
    it finally just gave up correcting me
    and it accused me of marking things I did NOT mark ...
    of course, when I gandered down to the end of the page and found "PBS"
    all my complaints were understood
    I like those kinds of tests, though ...
    and, tell me!
    What type of quilting tool is a boot spur? I mean, I know what a boot spur is, but I can't figure out how the thing I use for gouging my horse to make him MOVE does in the quilt world!

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    Not bad! 19 out of 23!!

I only got a 16. I forgot to answer one of them.

That was an interesting quiz. I must have guessed well!!

Quote Originally Posted by omak
    I have no idea what that was all about, but it gave me credit on things I did NOT get correct,
    it finally just gave up correcting me
    and it accused me of marking things I did NOT mark ...
    of course, when I gandered down to the end of the page and found "PBS"
    all my complaints were understood
    I like those kinds of tests, though ...
    and, tell me!
    What type of quilting tool is a boot spur? I mean, I know what a boot spur is, but I can't figure out how the thing I use for gouging my horse to make him MOVE does in the quilt world!
    ???

What type of quilting tool is a boot spur?
    Before plastic templates and water-erase markers, a pattern was placed on top of carbon paper and a tool that looked like a spur on a stick was used to trace the pattern onto fabric. The resulting "dotted line" was where you would cut with your scissors. I believe they are still made, even though there are easier methods available now.

17 of 23 for me.

I still have a few "boot spur" tools and dressmaker's carbon. Maybe I should throw it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonpi
    Before plastic templates and water-erase markers, a pattern was placed on top of carbon paper and a tool that looked like a spur on a stick was used to trace the pattern onto fabric. The resulting "dotted line" was where you would cut with your scissors. I believe they are still made, even though there are easier methods available now.
    is that like a tracing wheel? for garment making? well, what the he**!

Blog Entries
    it did the same thing to me that it did to omak. on 3 questions, it recorded a different answer than the one i picked. naturally, it accused me of picking wrong answers. :?

i'm going to brag. if the computer had scored accurately, i got only one wrong (the IQS question).

ooooooooo-oo, oooooooooo-ooo ...
    go patrieeeece ...
    it's yer birthday .......

no not really.
    :mrgreen:

liar, liar,
    pants on fire! :mrgreen:

It had interesting questions and I learned a few things from taking it, but there was a definite glitch. It told me I'd chosen wrong answers in some cases when I'd chosen the right answer, and in others that i'd chosen correctly when I'd made a different choice. I went back and double-checked myself to be sure I hadn't mis-clicked, but it did the same thing (and with different questions, yet!) the second time around.

I'm wondering if those of us seeing this problem all have outdated browsers and whether that's the problem. I still (stubbornly) use Internet Explorer 6.

AHa! I know the item ... thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltMania
    17 of 23 for me.

I still have a few "boot spur" tools and dressmaker's carbon. Maybe I should throw it out.
    LOL ... me too! But, I just can't bring myself to get rid of them. Some day, they may be the only means of self-defense I have! I might need the carbon paper for .... I will just have to think on it for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisanne
    It had interesting questions and I learned a few things from taking it, but there was a definite glitch. It told me I'd chosen wrong answers in some cases when I'd chosen the right answer, and in others that i'd chosen correctly when I'd made a different choice. I went back and double-checked myself to be sure I hadn't mis-clicked, but it did the same thing (and with different questions, yet!) the second time around.

I'm wondering if those of us seeing this problem all have outdated browsers and whether that's the problem. I still (stubbornly) use Internet Explorer 6.
    No, it isn't an old browser, dear ... it was the producer ... PBS ... think about it
    But, if it accused us of giving answers we didn't, and credited us with points we didn't earn ... should we really trust THEIR answers??? LOL

No, it isn't an old browser, dear ... it was the producer ... PBS ... think about it
    Nope, I'm missing it. Spell it out, please.

Carbon paper still comes in handy for applique and such. Last time I bought some, I was surprised at how much the price had gone up.

Carbon paper still comes in handy for applique and such. Last time I bought some, I was surprised at how much the price had gone up.
    ok now you have my courisity up ...prey tell how you use carbon paper?

If I can butt in, you'd use dressmaker's carbon paper to trace an applique design outline on from tracing paper, wouldn't that be it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisanne
    If I can butt in, you'd use dressmaker's carbon paper to trace an applique design outline on from tracing paper, wouldn't that be it?
    You aren't butting in at all! This is exactly how it all works.
    I think you are correct about applique/carbon paper ... if you remember, though, the paper comes in a couple of colors ...
    I never did figure out how/why the spur/tracing wheel wouldn't tear up the pattern so badly that you couldn't re-use the pattern.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hey I had the same thing as Patrice - I only got two wrong but it ACCUSED me of getting SIX wrong!!!! :twisted:

let's go beat up bella! :evil:

Blog Entries
    18 of 23. No problems, but I still don't like Bella's questions :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: We're all better than the questions suggest!!!!!

I use boot spurs and carbon paper when I sew clothes - which I still do - or will be doing again - some day. Who am I fooling? I have mine AND my mom's! How old do you suppose hers is? And I checked - it still works!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltMania
    17 of 23 for me.

LOL ... me too! But, I just can't bring myself to get rid of them. Some day, they may be the only means of self-defense I have! I might need the carbon paper for .... I will just have to think on it for awhile.
    for.....the times when you are dog tired you can carbon copy yourself to finish up the chores??? While the real you sits down with some ice tea, feet up and enjoying the board :wink:

I need to study up some more.... :oops: not saying what my score was :roll: :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast