Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 440QE with embroidery >

Bernina 440QE with embroidery

Bernina 440QE with embroidery

Old 06-29-2010, 12:34 PM

ok, maybe this is a really dumb question but after you download a free pattern do you get to keep it in your files or is it only good for that day. I am just getting started here & have no idea what I'm doing. I have the 440 QE as well.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
ok, maybe this is a really dumb question but after you download a free pattern do you get to keep it in your files or is it only good for that day. I am just getting started here & have no idea what I'm doing. I have the 440 QE as well.
No, once you download it..it is yours forever. You might want to set up different folders in your computer to hold your different designs. There are a lot of freebies out there. My only caution is too test stitch on scrap material before embroidering on your project. Freebies from reputable sites usually stitch out just fine, but once in a while you'll find one that wasn't digitized well.

I will come up with some links for you and will post them on the Links and Resources page for you. I will title it, Finding Free Embroidery Designs. :wink:

Edit: I've posted some links for you. Have fun!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:28 PM

I have a Bernina 430E, I absolutely love my machine. I have downloaded lots of designs. All of them have worked fairly well. I took classes for embroidery because stabilizer was the confusing part for me. Good Luck! If you have any questions please ask!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Originally Posted by Beachbound
No, once you download it..it is yours forever. You might want to set up different folders in your computer to hold your different designs. There are a lot of freebies out there. My only caution is too test stitch on scrap material before embroidering on your project. Freebies from reputable sites usually stitch out just fine, but once in a while you'll find one that wasn't digitized well.

I will come up with some links for you and will post them on the Links and Resources page for you. I will title it, Finding Free Embroidery Designs. :wink:

Edit: I've posted some links for you. Have fun!
thank you soooo much! I got the machine at Christmas & have been taking my time getting to know all about it. I think I have the feet & stitches down, still working on the BSR but I can't wait to get comffortable with the embriodery. This machine does more work than my hubby :wink:
Old 06-30-2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by mms61371
I have a Bernina 430E, I absolutely love my machine. I have downloaded lots of designs. All of them have worked fairly well. I took classes for embroidery because stabilizer was the confusing part for me. Good Luck! If you have any questions please ask!
thanks! I will!!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:55 AM

Go top search at the top of the page and type in ME Designs Embroidery a ton of links show up.