Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bernina 440QE

Add me to the list of happy Bernina 440 QE owners. I bought it primarily for the stitch regulator, but love the overall performance of my machine. I'd love a few more inches in the bed space, since it is pretty tight when trying to do FMQ, but there is no way that I could afford the Bernina 800 series. My advice to you, Michael, is be thankful that you have such a nice friend and go ahead and enjoy the sewing machine ...... obviously, that was the intent behind her plan. Happy quilting, kiddo!

How great is that? I have this machine and I just love it. I have sewn on Kenmore, Singer, small Brother and this machine is my favorite. Of course it was more that the other three machines put togethertimes 3.

It is an outstanding machine, money well spent.

Blog Entries
    What a cool friend to have !!! You are really really lucky!!

What WONDERFUL friends you BOTH are to each other! Bless you both, and enjoy.

I have one and at first I didn't like it. I was so frustrated with all the things that were different from my old machine, but given time I have learned to like it. I'm still disappointed that I can't free motion as well as I expected. I thought the machine would do it all. How stupid!

What is your machine that you use? Have you thought of what projects you and your friend will work on. Will you take the Bernina class with her to get to know the machine?

I have that machine and I love it. I got the embroidery module for Christmas, and now I love it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianlee
    What is your machine that you use? Have you thought of what projects you and your friend will work on. Will you take the Bernina class with her to get to know the machine?
    Well I normally use a Kenmore:
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...6+Garment+Care

Which looking at it is now on sale for $300...it's a great machine for that price I think.

But I also now have a Viking Interlude 435 that a friend brought over to me. http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/US/545.htm

So I have just started piecing with that last night after I picked up the 1/4 inch foot.

I have the 440QE. You will love it. I hope it came with lessons. The additional feet are a bit pricey. I did buy extra feet and they are well worth the price. You have a good friend! A basket is a good choice as a thank you!

wow how lucky can you get

Banned
    Blog Entries
    wow that is one nice friend, wish I could just go to a store and make a purchase like that with out blinking an eye. Penny PS one can dream.

Have you figured out how to use the module? I bought it but haven't had a chance...guess I might be a bit afraid of this wonderful gem so far. Any tips you can offer are most welcome.

wow what a treasure of a friend you have found !!

Nice to have friends like that! :)

Lucky you! I need a friend like that. 8-)

Blog Entries
    I need a friend like that.

Blog Entries
    What a GREAT friend. Wish I had one like that! :thumbup:

Wow! She sounds wonderful! have fun playing with her machine. She may be able to teach you about it too.
    By the way, folks are mentioning stitch regulator. What does that mean?
    Keep us posted.

It's an attachment to this machine that enables you to sew in any direction without moving your fabric and at whatever speed you wish to work at. It's advertised as a BSR

Thank you Emjay

THAT is quite a friend!

I have this machine and it is WONDERFUL. I highly recommend the class that usually comes with it free. I took it twice! You enjoy the machine more if you are comfortable with it.

Blog Entries
    I think I am going to buy the Bernina 440QE tomorrow! I'm really glad to hear so many positive things about it, I'm a little nervous...I've never spent that much money on a sewing machine! When I bought my old Kenmore it was $250 and we had a two year old and a baby and that was a lot of money to us. Of course, this is a lot of money too! I told my husband..."now I can hem Kelly's jeans" and he said "well, you need to hem 300 pairs"....geezzz! Next year is our 30th anniversary, I think $100 a year is good! :D

You sound just like me! I had 2 Kenmores, great little machines but compared to my 440 QE....well; they can't compare! LOL, sewing is so much more fun now. I find myself using stitches that I never dreamed I would. Take a deep breath & do it, you won't be sorry.

Blog Entries
    Do you have problems quilting on the 440. I had read some things about it being really tight to maneuver. I'm not going to buy anything till next week when I get my kids back to school and then I can think without having someone interrupt my thoughts. There is just so much information out there and I want to make the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbound
    You sound just like me! I had 2 Kenmores, great little machines but compared to my 440 QE....well; they can't compare! LOL, sewing is so much more fun now. I find myself using stitches that I never dreamed I would. Take a deep breath & do it, you won't be sorry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast