Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 730E not sewing >

Bernina 730E not sewing

Bernina 730E not sewing

Old 08-24-2022, 08:19 AM

Default Bernina 730E not sewing

I have a Bernina 730E that is not sewing. When I turn it on and try to sew, it sends a message to lower the presser foot, but it is already lowered. When I press the foot pedal the needle drops into the fabric, the sewing light turns off and it doesn't sew. The computer screen is still lit. I've tried turning it off and on and reseated the plug and foot pedal with no success. Has anyone had this problem? Hope it not a major repair. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:15 AM

Probably need to take it to a dealer. How old is it? You could try disconnecting the foot pedal and see if that makes a difference. Just use the start/stop button. It may be a problem with one of the computer boards. On my artista 630 I had issues, and it needed a new board which took forever to get. That was several years before covid. I can't remember when the 730E's came out.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

I hope your problem is something simple.
.A guild member had almost the same problem with Artista Bernina a couple of years ago. I forgot exactly what but I do remember her saying it wouldn't sew. She then complained about the high repair bill for parts and labor and only getting a 30 day warranty on the repair. . She opted for a new machine, not much more then the repair would cost. She has been sewing/embroidery on the BabyLock ever since.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:47 AM

Thanks for you feedback. I took it to the dealer yesterday and we'll see what he says. I asked if it's more than a simple repair to let me know first. He had cleaned it and repaired the blue zig zag knob previously and this is the first time I've tried to use it since then. I'm hoping it is just some cables that are disconnected and not a computer board. Thank you.