Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 770 QE problem >

Bernina 770 QE problem

Bernina 770 QE problem

Old 05-04-2020, 07:52 AM

Default Bernina 770 QE problem

In setup program I am unable to save the needle down function. Just got back from the shop and still not working. Shop still closed due to COVID-19. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:11 AM

Is this something you've been able to do on this machine before, or is the machine new to you? There may be separate options for this function, one for use with just the stitch you have selected, and the other in the settings menu that's applied across the board. It also may be separate in the sewing function and the embroidery function. I have so rarely had reason to change it that I don't remember much about doing it, and my sewing/ embroidery machine is a Baby Lock, so my ideas aren't specific to your machine.

It might be worthwhile to switch between sewing and embroidery and back because the machine will have to reset some options between the two. Of course, as with any digital device, a restart might possibly help. I hope somebody comes along who knows more than I do about your Bernina.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:26 PM

The needle up or down is the icon in the top, left corner of the touch screen. You just tap it to change the position. It's not in the set-up portion.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

Quiltedsunshine is correct, however, I think there is a way to keep it in that mode. But I don't know all the ins and outs of my machine yet.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:38 AM

With my 820, I can use the foot pedal for needle up/down -- love it! Just a tap at the bottom.

I have vision issues and can't really read the buttons in live time, so I learned where the cut thread one is and I use my knee lift and foot pedal and life is good!
Old 05-13-2020, 08:53 AM

Am thinking of getting this machine how do you like it
Old 05-13-2020, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

yellowroses- I loooove mine!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2020, 09:26 AM

My friend who had the 820 before me replaced it with a 770 and loves it. Not everyone likes Berninas, but Bernina owners seem to love their 770s -- while the 820 is generally not held in such high regard.

Mine's in the shop, they have just reopened after Covid. They just called and it will be ready in about a week and the estimated cost is less than I had expected (a little over 200 instead of the $350 I had figured).

Woohoo! I've been sewing on a bottom of the line Brother and I had gotten used to the bells and whistles of the Bernina.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by yellowwroses View Post
Am thinking of getting this machine how do you like it
I have had my 770 QE for a little over two years now...I wouldn't trade it for any other.