Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 830 (new machine - not record) securing button control >

Bernina 830 (new machine - not record) securing button control

Bernina 830 (new machine - not record) securing button control

Old 09-08-2020, 03:19 PM

Default Bernina 830 (new machine - not record) securing button control

Is there a way to turn off/disengage the securing button on my Bernina 830 completely so it won't knot at the beginning nor the end? Right now it secures at the end when I use the auto thread cutter. I've watched a Bernina video but either I'm slow/dense or it simply doesn't answer my question. I want the thing off completely... I think, lol. You that are more experienced may tell me I really don't want to do this. This is my first Bernina and I'm still a bit intimidated by it, although you've all be so helpful that I'm becoming braver by the stitch!

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2020, 04:01 AM

I was given an 820 about a year ago. I haven't really noticed any stay stitching when I use the auto cut, but then I'm usually done with the seam. I have not been able to figure out a way to not have it start without the tiny stitches, I would also like to not do that! I use a spider/leader to get around that but there are times when maybe I want to start in the middle of a stitched row and have the stitches all be consistent.

I couldn't get EasyPeezy's link to work for me. I know we do have several other people on the boards who do have the same modern 820/830s.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:43 AM

Sorry. Try this one.
https://tinyurl.com/y58rwjd8
Old 09-09-2020, 10:37 AM

Oh nice! That should work for me. I can live with a turn-on message.

I had customized things but when I started having problems with what turned out to be a thread sensor issue I went back to all defaults in case I had done something in there but I never found that handy dandy option!