Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
BERNINA B770 QE -BSR Ruler foot combo >

BERNINA B770 QE -BSR Ruler foot combo

BERNINA B770 QE -BSR Ruler foot combo

Old 02-16-2022, 06:55 AM
AJM

Default BERNINA B770 QE -BSR Ruler foot combo

I am trying to decide if I should purchase a "custom" ruler foot for my machine. This foot would allow me to use The BSR feature in conjunction with the foot. Note: a special table with extension cord and cut out is not required. Has anyone used this foot. It comes in 3 different size options. It is not a Bernina product. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 02-16-2022, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

I have the Bernina ruler foot. I also have this machine. I would not use anything that isn't a Bernina product.

I can't figure out why you'd need the BSR with a ruler foot? Can you explain?

Oh- welcome to the board!
Old 02-16-2022, 09:47 AM
AJM

Default Lol

Originally Posted by AJM View Post
I am trying to decide if I should purchase a "custom" ruler foot for my machine. This foot would allow me to use The BSR feature in conjunction with the foot. Note: a special table with extension cord and cut out is not required. Has anyone used this foot. It comes in 3 different size options. It is not a Bernina product. Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks for the prompt response and the welcome.
I have the #72 foot. It is my understanding that I can not use both BSR feature and that foot. Please advise.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

That's correct. You can't use the BSR with the ruler foot because that foot won't fit on the BSR. You know how the BSR comes with 3 little feet. I hope I've helped you!
These machines are so expensive that's why I won't use anything that isn't a Bernina product on them.
Old 02-16-2022, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Bernina has come out with a new BSR ruler foot. This would allow you to do ruler work and have stitch length regulated. If I already had the Bernina ruler foot, I wouldn’t get the new foot. As you get better at ruler work and find the sweet speed for your machine, you can regulate the stitch length quite well. If you don’t have a ruler foot, I would buy the BSR ruler foot if it wasn’t too expensive.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:41 AM
AJM

Do you know if there is a video using the new Bernina BSR / Ruler foot? If not, do you happen to know what the new foots number is?

Quilting Delights has a video but I believe they showcase their custom foot. I really like the BSR feature and would like to use it with rulers.Again thanks for your assistance.
Old 02-17-2022, 06:02 AM

I had the same question. I haven't done a lot of the ruler work with ruler foot 72 but I did do a couple of practice pieces. I as surprised at how quickly I could make a fairly decent line with the ruler foot and not having the BSR function. I mainly use my long arm with stitch regulation to do my quilting but honestly, I think with a bit more practice, I will not need stitch regulation to use the Bernina ruler foot decently. You just might want to make some practice sandwiches up and just play with the ruler work without worrying about the stitch regulation. I found it way easier with the ruler foot on to maintain a consistent speed and my stitches did not look too shabby.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Bernina has come out with a new BSR ruler foot. This would allow you to do ruler work and have stitch length regulated. If I already had the Bernina ruler foot, I wouldn’t get the new foot. As you get better at ruler work and find the sweet speed for your machine, you can regulate the stitch length quite well. If you don’t have a ruler foot, I would buy the BSR ruler foot if it wasn’t too expensive.
Could you provide a link? I just did a search and the only info about a ruler foot with BSR capabilities are for ones not made by Bernina. I would not use one not provided by Bernina because of the BSR technology. The BSR unit is pretty expensive to replace or repair. I would be concerned about any pressure placed on the ruler foot attachment by using a ruler on the BSR system?
Old 02-17-2022, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

I watched the YouTube video titled - Quilting Delight information. She demonstrates on the B770 using the BSR with a clear ruler attachment on her machine. I thought it was made by Bernina but maybe it is just BSR compatible?
Old 02-17-2022, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I watched the YouTube video titled - Quilting Delight information. She demonstrates on the B770 using the BSR with a clear ruler attachment on her machine. I thought it was made by Bernina but maybe it is just BSR compatible?
yep, I think it is not made by Bernina as I did search the Bernina site too. I think I will just keep on practicing with the ruler foot.