Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best bazaar seller? >

Best bazaar seller?

Best bazaar seller?

Old 02-26-2018, 07:19 AM

A red and black Checker board with a box of checkers.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
Some thing that I always look for (and have never found) at a craft fair is a pouch for my cell phone. I would like to find one I could hang from my waist band, not belt. Don't know if they would be too time consuming to make or if they have been tried before and not sold.
I actually made some of these for my last craft fair and sold a few. those wanting them were excited to find that I had them. I included a colorful carabiner for attaching to a belt loop. could also clip to the strap of a bag. they were very easy to make (about 15 minutes each).

Bowl cozies are always popular. I try to sell them in sets of 4 but most people want to buy 1+ but in a variety of designs (each person has their own version is what I've heard).

Wristlets are popular too. simple pattern takes about 20 minutes.

eyeglass cases, card holders

these are my experiences. Good Luck
Old 02-26-2018, 10:55 AM

People buy my mug rugs by the handful too. People like them in cellopane bags with a printed explanation about what they are. Dammit dolls seem to make people walk into your booth, but sell slowly. Cotton aprons sell well, but the cost of cotton fabric is so expensive that the problem is that there is hardly any profit in it. Nowadays, people think craft shows are garage sales.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:15 PM

Our best sellers were tote purses/bags. Especially since people wanted something better than plastic bags to hold their purchases.
Our area seemed to have sold so many bowl cozies that they aren't much of a seller anymore.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

I would love to find some nice travel organizers and matching cosmetic bags.

The last show I went to I bought a lovely set of embroidered kitchen towels and my friend bought a fabric baby book and a childs coloring apron that had all of the big fat crayons in it.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:36 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]589811[/ATTACH]Here are the measurements if you think this may work for your sales, this is a bag of pouch, and all you do is cut it out, of just one piece of fabric, interface the fabric and add a 18' or 20" zipper around (you may want to measure around the point to point of the bag (Where the zipper from the point of the bag starts and where the bag ends) to be certain, I cannot remember what size I used). These bags were very popular when I made and sold them, also very quick to make.

From top to bottom 11 1/2 inches, left side to right side across (midway down from the top of the "S" shape and also same for the "S" shape of the bottom) is 8 1/2 inches, from point to point left to right side is 6 inches (where the zipper starts and ends).
Old 02-26-2018, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Attachments don't work on this board, as far as I know. Could you post a link?
Old 02-26-2018, 07:05 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]589859[/ATTACH]Here is a copy of the bag I posted above, I would call it an"S' Bag, as that is the shape, start the zipper with the pull end in one of the inside cut points, one side of the zipper, ending at the other point. The turquoise bag, I cut out two identical pieces, and placed the zipper on the black side with the right side of the zipper being on the black side of the bag.[ATTACH=CONFIG]589867[/ATTACH] When you zip it up, it makes into a bag that is flat on the bottom. I hope this post works......I should mention, the bottom to the indent where you start the zipper is 3.75 inches, and the top one is the same measurement, and and the cut is also 3.75 inches from the outside edge.
Attached Thumbnails s-bag.jpg   small-zippered-bag-3-inside.jpg  
Old 02-27-2018, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]589859[/ATTACH]Here is a copy of the bag I posted above, I would call it an"S' Bag, as that is the shape, start the zipper with the pull end in one of the inside cut points, one side of the zipper, ending at the other point. The turquoise bag, I cut out two identical pieces, and placed the zipper on the black side with the right side of the zipper being on the black side of the bag.[ATTACH=CONFIG]589867[/ATTACH] When you zip it up, it makes into a bag that is flat on the bottom. I hope this post works......I should mention, the bottom to the indent where you start the zipper is 3.75 inches, and the top one is the same measurement, and and the cut is also 3.75 inches from the outside edge.
Can you post a picture of it zipped? My pea brain can not picture it.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:12 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]589982[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]589983[/ATTACH]Here is a copy of the bag when it is zipped up - the Black (outside of the bag) and turquoise (inside - lining of the bag). This bag is 8" x 5" and will sit up resting on it's bottom, and when unzipped it will lay open and flat. I hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails zippered-s-bag-1-inside.jpg   zippered-s-bag-2-outside.jpg