Best quilt blocks/patterns for florals >

Best quilt blocks/patterns for florals

Best quilt blocks/patterns for florals

Old 06-01-2020, 03:14 AM

Peckish, that is a beautiful quilt
Old 06-01-2020, 03:55 AM

Peckish, I'm amazed at the beauty!
Old 06-01-2020, 04:01 AM

Really enjoyed looking at these photos! Isn't it fantastic what can come out of a strip of fabric.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:09 PM

Omigosh I'm so sorry you guys, I was going to post the photos of my other FF projects but I got distracted by my son! He came home from work and wanted to talk, and you know how it is when a child of a certain age actually wants to talk to you - you make the time. We were up until 3 am, chatting. It was awesome but I've been fried today.
Anyway. Here are some photos. I will say this pattern is really, really simple and quick, and very rewarding. It's so much fun when you start assembling the blocks and see what emerges. Asian prints work beautifully for this.
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   img_20200531_205039.jpg   img_20200531_204420.jpg  
Old 06-01-2020, 05:44 PM

Okay, now I am in love with the 4 patch posies. These are very good ideas.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:21 AM

Thanks to everyone for the links, pictures and advice. Peckish, I am truly inspired, and plan to make a quilt using your pattern. !

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-02-2020 at 02:19 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-02-2020, 03:30 PM

Peckish, I am also inspired to make a posy like yours. These are beautiful. Posy is one of my favorite patterns, also. I think this is going to be my next quilt. But I do have some questions; does the pattern show how to make it with the scalloped edge, did you make continuous bias binding for the binding? Just a few questions, for now. I had prepped some fabrics for the posy but hadn't cut it. Now I'm going to use this pattern! Thanks so much for showing these and giving the name of the pattern.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:24 PM

Those are such beautiful blocks Peckish. I've only done 4 patch posies with squares and now really want to try the triangles. Thank you for the information.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jaiade View Post
Peckish, I am also inspired to make a posy like yours. These are beautiful. Posy is one of my favorite patterns, also. I think this is going to be my next quilt. But I do have some questions; does the pattern show how to make it with the scalloped edge, did you make continuous bias binding for the binding? Just a few questions, for now. I had prepped some fabrics for the posy but hadn't cut it. Now I'm going to use this pattern! Thanks so much for showing these and giving the name of the pattern.
Well there are 2 different patterns (that I know of) that show you how to do this. The 4 Patch Posy shows you how to do it with squares. The Florentine Fantasy shows you how to do it with triangles, which is how I did all of mine. The pattern doesn't show how to make a scalloped edge, that was my spin on it. And yes, I used bias binding.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:27 PM

Thank you Peckish for answering. You not only put your spin on the edge but also on the borders around the blocks and the layout(on point)! I like your version much better than the original pattern(seems too busy). I asked about the binding because I have a double wedding ring to bind and I am at a standstill because of the binding
I have used one of the fabrics I had prepped for the posy and made this version. It seems to go together much faster than the posy. I'm now auditioning fabrics for the small border around the blocks. I will set it on point, but I will not be scalloping the edge!!!!!!! Any tips you have to offer on your version would be appreciated.