Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best quilt shops in Denver and Colorado Springs? >

Best quilt shops in Denver and Colorado Springs?

Best quilt shops in Denver and Colorado Springs?

Old 07-14-2009, 04:03 PM

I am visiting friends in Colorado right now (using their computer) and plan on going down to the Springs tomorrow and into Denver on Thursday and have some time to hit a couple of shops. Anyone from these areas (Ducky?) have suggestions on which ones to visit first?
Thanks!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

just googled colorado springs, quilt shops and a whole list popped up, too many to write here, just google!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:55 PM

Oh, I know you'll have FUN!!!!! I was in Colorado Springs but ended up with car problems on a Sunday, which was spent at the Pep Boys, not far from a CLOSED quilt shop. Torture---I tell you it was pure torture!

Post a pic of what you adopted OK?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:52 AM

I live in the Denver area and my favorite shop is Holly's Quilt Cabin
http://www.quiltattic.com/
(don't know why their website is named the way it is). They have a nice selection of fabrics and the staff is wonderful. Also, try Great American Quilt Factory http://www.greatamericanquilt.com/ The ladies there have written quite a few quilt books, it's another fairly large quilt shop. The good thing, if you're going between Denver and the Springs, is that both of these are not too far away from I-25, so they're both easy to get to for someone who doesn't really know their way around the area. Can't help you in the Springs, but maybe there's someone else on here who can. Hope that helps! :-)
Old 07-15-2009, 03:16 AM

Okay, I didn't see this before, but there's a shop hop going on the beginning of August. Even if you're not here then, you can go to this link and see a map of a bunch of quilt shops here.

http://www.greatamericanquilt.com/pd...mshhandout.pdf
Old 07-15-2009, 09:30 AM

Thanks guys. I googled quilt shops for both cities. I think our trip to the Springs may be cancelled, DH and his BFF and DD were going to climp Pikes peak but BFF fell off a ladder on Monday and said this morning that there is no way he can climb now. I was going to have the whole day in the Springs to quilt shop or do whatever I wanted. Instead DD and I may spend the afternoon in Denver, She has a friend that moved there last year and they want to get together. I should have a couple hours to hit a couple of shops. DD & DH climbed a mountain this morning so not sure of the schedule yet.