Best size for baby "Snuggle" blankie??? >

Best size for baby "Snuggle" blankie???

Best size for baby "Snuggle" blankie???

Old 08-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Cute blankie!!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by jmabby
Rather than raggy, how about minky trim
I love the minky idea. I made a quilt for my grandson and the backing is minky. It is so soft. :thumbup:
Old 08-28-2011, 02:39 PM

We did not end up going down south. She may come up here at the end of this week for a couple days. Now I can't decide what to do. I pieced from flannel a small 17 x 17 "top" and was going to put a flannel back on and find some satin binding. I have a piece of minkie I could try using that. Or I could just save the little pieced top and start all over. I also have some ribbons that I can make a taggie! I don't know!!!! So here I sit, can't decide what I want to do so I am doing nothing!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:12 PM

My four grandsons (from both my daughters) use/used cloth diapers for their "lovies". For the last one I used flannel to decorate them, down the middle and on both ends. They start out as burp cloths and then the boys hold them to go to sleep. Jack (now 15 months) has several and sometimes has 2 or three when he goes to bed. The oldest boys, twins who will be 10 years old next week STILL have (hidden) their 'wubbies'. One of them was still sleeping with his when we took them camping at the beginning of the summer. Babies will usually take to whatever is given to them. They can be a great source of comfort. Good luck with getting some inspiration! (I have made taggies too, but the cloth diapers seemed to be favored, much to my quilty dissatisfaction!!)
Old 08-28-2011, 07:40 PM

Ok, had my older and younger daughters over tonight. My oldest, who is pregnant with my #2 grandbaby liked the little pieced blankie I have the top done with. I am going to make a second close to identical and use some Minkie that I picked up on the back and a satin blanket binding on them. So that's flannel pieced on the front, Minkie on back and satin binding. Ok, it will be quilted a little to hold it all together. I will work on it tomorrow. BTW it is my middle daughter that has my grandson!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM

I made 24" squares with flannel on one side and satin on the other. Right sides together sew around leaving an opening to turn. Use 1/2" seams. close opening with a 1/4" seam around the entire square for a false binding. My grands carried these for years.