Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best way to sell a sweet sixteen sit down machine >

Best way to sell a sweet sixteen sit down machine

Best way to sell a sweet sixteen sit down machine

Old 12-05-2021, 07:33 AM

Default Best way to sell a sweet sixteen sit down machine

I have two sit down machines: A sweet sixteen and a George. My sweet sixteen broke and it was a challenging fix that took cooperation from the company and my mechanic. I didn’t expect it to happen. I went ahead and bought a George.

wouldn’t you know it, the sweet 16 got fixed and is running beautifully. I wanted to test it thoroughly before I sold it. My quilting friend quilted a CA King quilt on it at my house and it worked beautifully. Now she’s done and it’s time to sell. Frankly it’s hard to decide which one to sell but the George has a lifetime warranty.

Has anyone had success with Longarm University? Any other sites I should consider?

Any idea on price? I’m the second owner but it hasn’t been heavily used. It’s an older model.
thanks

Mary Jo

Old 12-05-2021, 08:25 AM
mkc

Facebook Marketplace, including the Longarms and Accessories for sale group.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:54 AM

If you have an active Craig's List or Nextdoor or something like that, consider those options. Do all the smart stuff about safety and payments when dealing with the unknown public... but Craig's List is my first stop. I can see offers from across the state or down to Portland.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:42 PM

I used Longarm University to find my Sweet 16 sit-down machine back a few years ago when I purchased it! Worked for me. I still have it and love using it.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:41 PM

Longarm University gets a looooot of traffic.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:56 PM

This was helpful!
Old 12-07-2021, 04:12 PM

I purchased a Babylock Tiara 1 (Same as the original Sweet Sixteen, but branded as a Babylock) about 4 years ago off of Craig's List. Very lightly used, included the stitch regulator and bobbin winder and she tossed in a bunch of rulers. The lady was moving so needed to sell it quickly and was asking 3k for it. I ended up getting it for $2500.00 as I told her I would pay cash and pick it up immediately. That will give you some idea of what I paid for one.
I would advertise it on Craig's List, LongArm University and FB Marketplace. Be sure to comment whether the buyer has to dismantle it and move it to their vehicle. That way, they will know to bring someone with them. Mention how you want to be paid, (cash only, e transfer, whatever.)
I know that the fact that this seller said the machine was set up and available to be tried out was a big selling point for me, as I was driving from Canada to NY state to buy it and I at least knew it was working, if she was offering a trial on the spot.
Be careful about having people in your house and be sure to have someone with you when you do. This lady was elderly and my husband and I showed up and there was no one there but her. I (gently) gave her heck for not being more careful.

Watson
Old 12-07-2021, 05:48 PM

I sold my longarm on Longarm University. It took a while but finally got it sold. Perhaps posting it there as well as some other social media platforms that are quilt related. Good luck with your sale! She will find her forever home!