Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
BIG boo boo >

BIG boo boo

BIG boo boo

Old 07-25-2011, 03:39 AM

When you are ready to quilt it again be sure to thread the machine properly as stated before. But if I read one of your replies correctly you were putting it back on your frame. If you are quilting it on a frame and getting eyelashes and not a birdnest on the back check your upper tension. It may be too loose. Also if you have a lot of curves and you are doing this free motion or by pantograph slow down on the curves even hover for a second or so when going around the curves. It also helps if when you are changing directions at a sharp corner to just hang at the corner for a couple of seconds to get it to be a sharp corner.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by sewtruterry
When you are ready to quilt it again be sure to thread the machine properly as stated before. But if I read one of your replies correctly you were putting it back on your frame. If you are quilting it on a frame and getting eyelashes and not a birdnest on the back check your upper tension. It may be too loose. Also if you have a lot of curves and you are doing this free motion or by pantograph slow down on the curves even hover for a second or so when going around the curves. It also helps if when you are changing directions at a sharp corner to just hang at the corner for a couple of seconds to get it to be a sharp corner.
I'll try that... Oh h&%$ I'll try anything.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:27 AM

Be sure that even with the free motion foot on, that you have lowered the presser foot. The tension will be off if the presser foot is not lowered, even though it is not pressing on the fabric.