Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Big Foot for FMQ ... or ?

Big Foot for FMQ ... or ?

Just wondering if the Big Foot for FMQ is worth the investment? Pros? Cons? Thanks!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

Blog Entries
    I would say not. I had one and just using it regularly, it wouldn't stay in place well at all. FMQing puts a lot of vibration out there and your foot needs to stay in place. a darning foot with spring on the shaft is best. open toe if you have it helps a bit more too.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I have one, wish I hadn't bought it. don't use it.

I saw your other post and the delay in getting the foot on order. In general, most people have the best luck with the foot that's made by the manufacturer of their machine. If possible I would wait for that order to come through, or find out why it's been on back order for so long.

Just took a class on FMQ and have been practicing using the darning foot, works great. Now if I could only get me to work that well!
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Blog Entries
    My Mother had a Big Foot for her older Bernina. Do not believe, as an expert seamstress, that she abused it. The round plastic broke.

Thanks for all your inputs! Just what I needed to hear. I've inquired about the delay and I guess because it's a new part just for the "K" class Pfaff Machines (Ambition, the new Passport) they can't keep up with demand? I've called around to a few other dealers locally and none have it in stock. I've found it online, but for about twice what it cost me, so I'll wait ... meanwhile i guess I'll need to piece another quilt top!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0